Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Our school doesn't let us have our GCSE exam papers back. I dont even know if the school gets them back.

So I was wondering, is there anywhere online where you can get paper answers? When will they be up? Like for sciences and things.

ReputationRep:
    You have to pay to get your exam paper back, the school will probably get a mark scheme or make one within the faculty for when papers get used as mocks etc.

ReputationRep:
    Wll depending on what board you're on then you can usually find them on the sites. Tell me what board you're on for a particular subject and i'll happily give you a link.

ReputationRep:
    why would you want the paper now you are done with the exams?

your school will have taken a few fresh copies which they will then photocopy a few million times to give to year 10s...

ReputationRep:
    In September, following the June examination series, they are usually available ro buy from the relevent awarding body and approximately 10 months after the exam, they will be available on the exam board websites in PDF Website. On publication of the GCSE results, the school will receieve a mark scheme and examiners' report. Your school, as was stated in the previous post, will have kept a few spare copies and will photocopy these for the next Year 11's mocks in December. To be honest, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about trying to work out your mark; results aren't for a long time yet (unfortunately), so it's best to forget about it and put it behind you until August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shauncouldstone)
    To be honest, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about trying to work out your mark; results aren't for a long time yet (unfortunately), so it's best to forget about it and put it behind you until August.
    Yeah, good point.

Didn't realise you had to pay to get exam papers back. How much? Well, I'm not too bothered, I'm just weird and like to know what i get right and what i get wrong.

I'll just probably be sad enough to check exam board websites and look for answers for the 2005 papers because im sad like that.

Thanks guys. xx

ReputationRep:
    I think it's £7.00 for both the report and access to the original script.

(I'll also be sad enough to check the exam boards websites when the mark scheme is pubished - wish we could see our original papers; I don't think that a mark even appears on the exam certificate - I believe it is just the grade, although I stand to be corrected here.

ReputationRep:
    so what, £7 for each subjects exam paper? what a rip off. sod it. ill just mark my own by memory in september

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sona)
    so what, £7 for each subjects exam paper? what a rip off. sod it. ill just mark my own by memory in september
    Yeah and if your borderline and want a remark I think its about £50

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is £7.00for each subject's exam paper. If you order the exam paper from the exam board [a copy of] then it is usually about 80 pence and the mark scheme is about £5.00 something, but I think it costs £7.00 for your school to receieve your ACTUAL paper and the mark scheme for the paper because of administrative costs etc.

ReputationRep:
    For terminal paper/coursework. You cant get them back until october/november time.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember, your school should have access to your percentages, I know that my school did for my maths last year, but they are usually reluctant to give them to you

ReputationRep:
    We get all of our "module" marks, and the grade it represents, given to us by the school, with an overall mark afterwards, so we can work out our own %, with the help of the syllabi .

ReputationRep:
    mrmaths.com will have Maths answers available now I think, but you have to buy them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sona)
    Our school doesn't let us have our GCSE exam papers back. I dont even know if the school gets them back.

So I was wondering, is there anywhere online where you can get paper answers? When will they be up? Like for sciences and things.
    we dont get ours but i wouldnt want them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    Yeah and if your borderline and want a remark I think its about £50
    as if they CHARGE for an examiner ****ing up :mad:

and how do you know if youre borderline? you dont get your actual marks do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sona)
    as if they CHARGE for an examiner ****ing up :mad:

and how do you know if youre borderline? you dont get your actual marks do you?
    if you thought you did quite well, but then got a less than expected mark...

ReputationRep:
    There's no point. Let it go. Don't be a silly willy. It'd be interesting to know your actual mark, but I wouldn't get my exam paper back. Move on...(although I think your teachers do get your actual mark, but we don't. My Physics teacher told me he could give me my mark when I go back in Sixth Form).

ReputationRep:
    Depending on the exam board - the clean exam paper and the answer book will be online from the end of this year I expect. But as zhivago said - just let it go. You cant change what you've written in an xam now. You just have to take it as it comes

ReputationRep:
    Its only really AQA who publish the answer scheme online isn't it?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.