Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how difficult is it to get an A*? the grade boundry isn't too him-it 68/86 last year. But i've seen a samle Q&A, and it was very well constructed and had plenty of relevant details and that was an 'A' grade!
    What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    how difficult is it to get an A*? the grade boundry isn't too him-it 68/86 last year. But i've seen a samle Q&A, and it was very well constructed and had plenty of relevant details and that was an 'A' grade!
    What do you guys think?
    Damn difficult. Because its seen as a relatively straight forward exam (because its based on simple moral issues and person opinion) they set A* to about 97%. I was hoping for an A* but you need to do really well. Maybe an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Damn difficult. Because its seen as a relatively straight forward exam (because its based on simple moral issues and person opinion) they set A* to about 97%. I was hoping for an A* but you need to do really well. Maybe an A.
    Huh?! What?! Last years grade boundary for A* was 79%

ReputationRep:
    Huh?! What?! Last years grade boundary for A* was 79%
    Are you sure? Maybe because our year us doing plain christianity it may be different.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? Maybe because our year us doing plain christianity it may be different.
    Yeah i'm pretty sure--we do christian perspectives-2A and christianity 4A and each paper is out of 43..36 was A*

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm pretty sure--we do christian perspectives-2A and christianity 4A and each paper is out of 43..36 was A*
    Im with OCR but must be a different paper, ridiculously high to get an A*, very hard.

ReputationRep:
    I did the OCR RE Short course where u had to choose 4 sections (12 questions), and write about at least one religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickC)
    I did the OCR RE Short course where u had to choose 4 sections (12 questions), and write about at least one religion.
    So did I, Nick. Thats the one that you need 97% for A* I think.

ReputationRep:
    No change of me getting that A*, do u know what I need to get a B (percentage wise)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickC)
    No change of me getting that A*, do u know what I need to get a B (percentage wise)?
    Yeah, in my mock i got a B :mad: and i got 73%, so 70%? something like that Nick

ReputationRep:
    I don't do OCR RS (or short course; I take AQA Full Course), but last year for the AQA exam, the maximum mark was 83 (ffor each paper) and a 'B' was 59% on the Chridianity exam and 576% for the Contemporary Issues exam; I imagine it will be something simular with OCR. The grade boundaries might change slightly this year anyeay because it depends on how relatively difficult the paper was and how candidates responded to it in general. If they do change, it is usually only by 1 or 2%, so it is quite an accurate guide.

ReputationRep:
    i got a d in my r.e mock coz i thought it was a joke, i revised more for my yr 10 exams! then 1 week before the gcse our teacher finally told us how it was marked and it was so simple! i got 94% rather than 46%(mocs) and nailed an A*! i still think the subject is worth nothing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king8585)
    i got a d in my r.e mock coz i thought it was a joke, i revised more for my yr 10 exams! then 1 week before the gcse our teacher finally told us how it was marked and it was so simple! i got 94% rather than 46%(mocs) and nailed an A*! i still think the subject is worth nothing though.
    Most of the pupils in Year 11 in my school think it is a 'Mickey Mouse' subject, maybe because the teacher is never actually in school; it is always a Sub teacher. When she is in, she does not teach much (Mainly copying out of textbooks).

ReputationRep:
    It's still goes on your record-and if your getting mainly A* and a couple of A's and you get a B or god forbid a C then it's a bit of a stain

ReputationRep:
    It's still goes on your record-and if your getting mainly A* and a couple of A's and you get a B or god forbid a C then it's a bit of a stain
    I know. (I'm one of the few in my school to take the time to learn RE myself). Hopefully I got a B/A at least.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of hearing certain subjects, especially A level subjects are 'mickey subjects'. They all require certain skills whatever the subject.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of hearing certain subjects, especially A level subjects are 'mickey subjects'. They all require certain skills whatever the subject.
    Yeah me too. I mean-i've basically had to teach myself the entire RE course and its hard work..and when i hopefully get my A* after all of that work-its depressing that it wont be viewd as much. Whereas say for something like biology i haven't had to work as hard at all yet ppl still see it differently.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. I mean-i've basically had to teach myself the entire RE course and its hard work..and when i hopefully get my A* after all of that work-its depressing that it wont be viewd as much. Whereas say for something like biology i haven't had to work as hard at all yet ppl still see it differently.
    Exactly, everyone has different abilities and saying something is a 'mickey subject' is a bit of a generalisation. I mean, how the hell is psychology a mickey? Just because maths, physics, chem, bio arent as popular doesnt mean the other subjects are any less fundamental to someones future.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, everyone has different abilities and saying something is a 'mickey subject' is a bit of a generalisation. I mean, how the hell is psychology a mickey? Just because maths, physics, chem, bio arent as popular doesnt mean the other subjects are any less fundamental to someones future.
    Yeah-i hate people and their judgements

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.