Turn on thread page Beta

uugghhh heat...

Today has been a miserable day because it is too hot to do anything!! I have a feeling that it will be like this tomorrow which will make revision unbearable..

The worst was last night. I was glad of the heat as it meant I didn't need lots of layers at the REM gig in Manchester but afterwards in the car in a traffic jam it really was awful!! If I opened the window I was choking on car fumes and smoke from a fire too...uurrrggghhh

ReputationRep:
    yeah its way too hot outside.. the floors sticking :s: quite cold in here though got a fan on and ice cream

ReputationRep:
    I was at work for three hours in a kitchen (between 12 and 3), wearing rather thick overalls, beside a grill (at head height) with another 2 huge grills on the other side, with hot lights and other heating equipment next to me.

The room temp. in the coolest part of the kitchen was 39° C (by the door of the walk-in fridge).

Unfortunately I couldn't sit in the walk-in freezer for too long, because I had work to do. Shame, it was so nice in there... :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqa7)
    I am dying here, even with the fan at full blast

He's dyin, He's dyin, He's dyin
    Got him coughing and wheezing
    it's not that bad...
    and that's coming from a swede...

ReputationRep:
    iv been praying for nice summer weather for ages, but now i dont know what to do.
    all my friends are revising but i cant revise cos its too hot, what
    am i supposed to do????

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt revise in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perkyDani)
    iv been praying for nice summer weather for ages, but now i dont know what to do.
    all my friends are revising but i cant revise cos its too hot, what
    am i supposed to do????
    pray for bad weather :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, its lovely and warm here, but evry windy...i couldn't sit outside and do revision because my papers were going everywhere. :mad:

I just wish i didn't have to do revision on such a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    whys everyone against global warming....aslong as the uk gets hotter i dont care bout anywere else :p:

*goes to burn more coal*
    Hahahaha

Good for you.

ReputationRep:
    why are ALL the exams in the beginning of summer? they should be in autumn or something when its cold wet and windy so no one wants to go outside anyway.

ReputationRep:
    its cooler than it was earlier theres a bit of a breeze and its nice

ReputationRep:
    i was trying to revise today, but found it very very difficult it was too hot! i couldn't concentrate, i kept getting drousy.

(Original post by Cellardore)
    i was trying to revise today, but found it very very difficult it was too hot! i couldn't concentrate, i kept getting drousy.
    Same here. Its very annoy as I must learn lots of politics.. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    you think its too hot?

i had to work in a cafe all day in a roasting hot room, nowhere near a fan and it was completely dead so i had nothing to do, i nearly fell asleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    you think its too hot?

i had to work in a cafe all day in a roasting hot room, nowhere near a fan and it was completely dead so i had nothing to do, i nearly fell asleep
    have a cookie

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i'd rather have a brewery, i feel like it today

ReputationRep:
    You guys have no idea, our central heating is broken so sometimes when you turn on the hot water, the heating goes on full blast. Its horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    thanks, i'd rather have a brewery, i feel like it today
    10p ice pops?

mmmmm

ReputationRep:
    i nearly decided to shut myself in the cold storage, and we had some abusive drunks in

(Original post by sqa7)
    10p ice pops?

mmmmm

mmmm ice pops...

blue ice pops....

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.