Turn on thread page Beta

certificate candidate and TOK essay.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone :-)
    I have an urgent question..... do students who are doing the certificate and not the full IB diploma, have to do the TOK essay??? Because iam taking 2 higher classes... do I still have to do the TOK essay??????
    would be very nice to have an answer...:-)
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgs)
    Hello everyone :-)
    I have an urgent question..... do students who are doing the certificate and not the full IB diploma, have to do the TOK essay??? Because iam taking 2 higher classes... do I still have to do the TOK essay??????
    would be very nice to have an answer...:-)
    cheers
    no you don't. CAS, ToK, group 4 project and the extended essay are only for full diploma candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    no you don't. CAS, ToK, group 4 project and the extended essay are only for full diploma candidates.
    yeh but I still had to do some CAS though not as much as the full diploma...iam just puzzled because a teacher told me to do the essay.. maybe I misunderstood...
    ..well thanx for your help ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgs)
    yeh but I still had to do some CAS though not as much as the full diploma...iam just puzzled because a teacher told me to do the essay.. maybe I misunderstood...
    ..well thanx for your help ;-)
    If you do have to take that ToK course it must be because your particular school requires it (we have students at my school not doing ToK, CAS and so on), it is certainly not an IBO requirement. Look at it on the bright sight though, if you do have to take ToK I can asure you it will be helpful for whatever subject you are taking. It is also extremely intereting in itself, and you might get a lot out of it (I know I have).

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.