Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I really wasn't sure where to put this. I didn't think it was very suited for general chit chat (I doubt anyone would want to 'chat' about textile products) and after posting in the GCSE board I didn't get many replies. So, here we go:

One of the things on my textiles gcse pre-release is to investigate the design and manufacture of 3D decorative products. The problem is, I really do not have any ideas about these. I've thought of stuff like bolsters and perhaps doorhangers/wallhangers, but those are quite generic and I'm trying to come up with new ideas. What else is purely "decorative" and made from material? Everything else I can think of either performs a function or is flat.

I'm asking anyone (not necessarily textiles students) that has ideas about this kind of thing. My exam is next friday and I'd really appreciate it if people could help me Don't hold back-any kind of input would be great.

Saying thank you in advance,
    Glitter x

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of lamp shades?

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of lamp shades? Childrens playmats, those hanging types, or cot toys,

ReputationRep:
    Lamp shades are a really good idea, I will definitley research into those...thanks!!

xGSx

ReputationRep:
    How about hats, some of those funky ones they wear to Ascot etc. THey are 3 d, and decorative!!

Just a thought :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.