The Student Room Group

In need of help!!

First of all, I really wasn't sure where to put this. I didn't think it was very suited for general chit chat (I doubt anyone would want to 'chat' about textile products) and after posting in the GCSE board I didn't get many replies. So, here we go:

One of the things on my textiles gcse pre-release is to investigate the design and manufacture of 3D decorative products. The problem is, I really do not have any ideas about these. I've thought of stuff like bolsters and perhaps doorhangers/wallhangers, but those are quite generic and I'm trying to come up with new ideas. What else is purely "decorative" and made from material? Everything else I can think of either performs a function or is flat.

I'm asking anyone (not necessarily textiles students) that has ideas about this kind of thing. My exam is next friday and I'd really appreciate it if people could help me :smile: Don't hold back-any kind of input would be great.

Saying thank you in advance,
Glitter x
Reply 1
Have you thought of lamp shades?
Reply 2
Have you thought of lamp shades? Childrens playmats, those hanging types, or cot toys,
Reply 3
Lamp shades are a really good idea, I will definitley research into those...thanks!!

xGSx
Reply 4
How about hats, some of those funky ones they wear to Ascot etc. THey are 3 d, and decorative!!

Just a thought :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending