Turn on thread page Beta

Is this normal or means something more? watch

ReputationRep:
    Whenever any on my ex's start seeing a new girlfriend i get a twinge of jealously which usually soon goes away. But, one of my best friends has just starting going out with a girl three years younger than us, and i'm sooo jealous and almost upset. i did have a relationship with this friend but it was by no means my most serious or longest relationship. does this level jealousy suggest that deep down i have strong feelings for him of more than just friendship?

ReputationRep:
    I think only you can know this for sure. It's easy to jump to conclusions like this but you have to ask yourself why you are feeling jealous. Is it simply because you don't have as much of his company anymore? (since he is your best friend)? Or do you just not like the thought of anyone else being with him (because you want to be with him yourself?)

ReputationRep:
    It's normal. I think that twinge of jealousy that everyone gets is also partly the fear/ insecurity of being compared to someone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBeLLax)
    It's normal. I think that twinge of jealousy that everyone gets is also partly the fear/ insecurity of being compared to someone else
    Yep. Always happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBeLLax)
    i think your question's answered - a philosopher couldn't have put it better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    i think your question's answered - a philosopher couldn't have put it better!
    yes, that's me...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.