Turn on thread page Beta

Am I a sad person for doing this? GCSE exam related watch

ReputationRep:
    Well after each exam, I try to remember each question, write them down, get each answer, mark them, and predict what I got in the exam. Then I go to the examiners' report, and see what the grade boundaries are. If I get a question wrong. I learn the whole question, learn the answer, and repeatedly test myself. God I am such a sad person, It's laughable!

What do you guys do after each exam?

Just forget about it and look forward to the next one?

ReputationRep:
    after the exam? u learn it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kish_Kash_1)
    Well after each exam, I try to remember each question, write them down, get each answer, mark them, and predict what I got in the exam. Then I go to the examiners' report, and see what the grade boundaries are. If I get a question wrong. I learn the whole question, learn the answer, and repeatedly test myself.
    Have you heard yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Yah - I forget about the fact I ever did an exam, and remind myself that I've got one tommorow... Stops me from worrying about grades too...

ReputationRep:
    I do something similiar.. I remember the questions so i can check them online, but i dont learn them

ReputationRep:
    I try and guess my marks but that's it. None of that learning malarkey lol!

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought I was going mad. Obviously I am!!!!!!

Oh well. Life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the odd question and look it up in a revision guide but that's about it. You're not sad - you're just worrying! Think about it - you're better off revising for your next exam!

ReputationRep:
    Damn wrong post. sorry!

ReputationRep:
    After I come out of the exam I discuss the questions and answers with my firnds for a couple of hour but then I leave it
    I generally have a good idea of about what grade I have got, so I don't bother with mark schemes etc.
    Although for the maths exam(AQA or OCR can't remember)I did really badly and went to see my maths teachers and got her to go through the whole test with me.

Just relax and talk about it with you r mates after so you can get a feel for how hard everyone else found it and a general concensus on the correct answer. Then just revise for the next one there is nothing you can do to change the past but you can change the future.

After exams are finished take advantage of the summer, enjoy yourself, you can't change your grades then so son't worry about them.

ReputationRep:
    You're obviously very anxious about results and such. After an exam, I think of food. Lol, I don't eat before any exam [I know, it's unhealthy blah blah but I can't bring myself to eating before an exam] so all I think about is food. I prefer not to think about an exam once I've done it. I've done it once, why do it again? And of course there's always the fact that I come out of an exam feeling awful so it takes up too much of my energy thinking about it. Unnecessary. If, however, you like doing this and it reassures you in some way, then keep going...I do think that you should be concentrating on future exams more rather than dwelling on old ones.

ReputationRep:
    I hate discussing questions straight after the exam! lol It seems that all my friends get everything right and I am always unsure. I do remember the odd question - like some on the maths paper that I was particularly stuck on. Otherwise I try to forget all about the exam. Theres nothing you can do once time is up - except wait for your results. Sometimes its best not to look and see if you've got things right or not so that you dont get panicked.

But everyone has three own ways and attitudes towards exams - and if you find that helps then thats good.

ReputationRep:
    at the end of an exam i usually got loads of time left so i count up the total marks then count how many i was unsure of and then see what mark i caome up with!!!

i usually can tell if i mess a question up!!

lol!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah that is quite sad. once ur exam is done its done and theres not much you can do about it so why stress yourself out over what you should have put?!

if necessary re-sit the thing, generally when you come out the exam room you know ruffly how well youve done.

ReputationRep:
    I just discussed the exam with my friends and teachers to see how everyone else found it and how well I probably did. I did much the same this year for ASs, except I've also found out all the January 2005 grade boundaries and tried to guess what I think I got based on average marks throughout the year and reading mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    I just add up the q's i think i got right and estimate my mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I just discussed the exam with my friends and teachers to see how everyone else found it and how well I probably did. I did much the same this year for ASs, except I've also found out all the January 2005 grade boundaries and tried to guess what I think I got based on average marks throughout the year and reading mark schemes.
    january ones seem to be lower usually and june exams higher

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes they boundaries are higher in January though, as there are often a lot of re-sit candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine89)
    I just add up the q's i think i got right and estimate my mark.
    tis what I do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    january ones seem to be lower usually and june exams higher
    Damn...although maybe as Sian said they'll be lower as there are fewer resit candidates *crosses fingers*

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.