Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody from London? the Bendy bus what do you think? watch

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if any other county has bendy buses but people in London i'd like to know what you think of them? I absoloutely utterly hate the conditions sometimes,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geeeza)
    I dont know if any other county has bendy buses but people in London i'd like to know what you think of them? I absoloutely utterly hate the conditions sometimes,
    Bendy buses are the cause of congestion in London.

ReputationRep:
    They used to have bendy buses in Sheffield and I loved them!

ReputationRep:
    They have been operating them in Manchester since 1998, nothing new, I don't go on them that much, as for who ever said they are the cause of congestion well lets make the 120 people on that bus all drive a car each instead .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geeeza)
    condidtions ?

they are kool i like them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    They have been operating them in Manchester since 1998, nothing new, I don't go on them that much, as for who ever said they are the cause of congestion well lets make the 120 people on that bus all drive a car each instead .
    Fair enough.

However I've never seen a full bendy bus and my experience of the drivers of them aren't too good. Not a great sight to see the road full of bendy buses trying to manuvere around narrow roads.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the one thing i hate about going on a bus is. i'll give an example i stopped driving for a week and went on the bus and every day travelling on 4 buses in the day 2 of each buses everyday there was someone smoking drugs now thats a big price to pay getting messed up healthwise just to save a bit of money. i think they will have to do something about it.

(Original post by Niaya)
    condidtions ?

they are kool i like them

ReputationRep:
    I went on one once...I now drive.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, its only really a problem in Manchester on the top deck, but its still a problem and I have to sit down stairs on a crowded bus just so some selfish twit can have his faq which is ilegal anyway.

I keep meaning to get somthing done about this but never get round to it.

ReputationRep:
    they have been in sunderland for years, only time i was on them it almost crashed and sat in the middle of it makes ofr a bit of an uneasy journey, scrap them all i say, an accident waiting to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I agree, its only really a problem in Manchester on the top deck, but its still a problem and I have to sit down stairs on a crowded bus just so some selfish twit can have his faq which is ilegal anyway.

I keep meaning to get somthing done about this but never get round to it.
    Frequently asked question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    Frequently asked question?
    "fag" I'm guessing..

ReputationRep:
    Dont forgett not talking about just buses i.e. double decker but the Mercedes Benz Bendy Buses.

Well in London people ride them for free, also the bendy buses stink all the time its not the people its some sort of material they had used to make them, it smells the same on all bsues. Also the cameras they have built in gather water from peoples breath when its summer, it consendates. Also i hardly get a seat people are always standing.
    Yesterday i was literally under a mans armpit in the heat. The bloody buses dont even have proper windows for air, and the so called working AC's dont work! tut tut..., i liked the double deckers! BRING BACK THE ROUTE MASTER!!

But i really feel for the elderly..., they use to use the Double decker, i ahrdly use to get a seat because of the OAP's hijacking them, but now the bendy bus is here and its more physicall, a lot of pushing shuving and swinging around when the bus comes to a sudden stop.

Hand on my heart i have not yet seen an OAP on a bendy bus since they were released in London.

ReputationRep:
    I like the double decker bus too, I am quite fond of the SELNEC Olympian/Atlanteans but it was what I was bought up with, they have been replaced with bland Volvo Olympians and more recently rather sexy Denniss Trident MKIIs, now they are nice buses, very fast and you get hald decent leg room.

Thankfully I don't use the bendy buses frequently at all as I don't live in that part of Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    omg lol bendy busses r so cool! because we had like 2 free hours in london we just went around finding these to go on!!! THEY R VVVVVV COOL. these people were talking in a foreign language and said that we hadn't paid: and i was thinking to myself omg i have paid! lol i felt like going up to them and telling them that but i thort nah better not make a situation out of it!

oh and yeah their made by Mercedes :cool:

ReputationRep:
    germany has nothing but bendy busses..... and i think they're great!! so much fun round bends!

ReputationRep:
    They're good because they have decent engines in them and go faster than most of the other buses in London.

They're bad, because TfL use them on stupid narrow routes, they always get stuck and cause more congestion (as do all buses) than they relieve. Also, most of the routes they serve are rough and full of pikies, so you get undesirable miscreants on them, vandalizing the buses (which cost about £100k to buy?) and eating their fried chicken and just dropping the bones and other ***** on the floor.

Eww, pikie ****ers.

ReputationRep:
    £100k haha, those bendy buses cost more in the region of £200-£300k, a basic double decker Dennis Trident costs £180,000+.

Buses are extremely expensive things.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I knew it was in the hundreds of K region. The hydrogen powered concepts that they have a few of in London cost about a million each I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Fair enough, I knew it was in the hundreds of K region. The hydrogen powered concepts that they have a few of in London cost about a million each I think?
    Not sure but yep the Fuel Cell buses would cost at least a million, simply becuase of the engines.

I know £200k seems a lot of a double decker bus, but remember they have to shif 100+ people, they have 12,000cc engines and the construction has to be very very tough as the average bus is in service for at least 20 years.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.