People that smile at you when your something but dont give you anything when Watch

This discussion is closed.
Philadelphia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well i get these feeling that there are people out there that would only give you a smile if you have a job that is up there whereas if your just pushing a trolley round they dont smile back. is it just me that notices this does anyone else think that its wrong to be like that. as my outlook would be to give respect to people whatever class they're in etc whether its a cleaner or something higher than that. how true is it that there are people like that and would it be easy to spot if you were in a high profile job would you be able to spot people that dont like people in less profile jobs.
This has just been bugging me as i have had different jobs and have seen this.
Scubar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
don't worry about it and get back to work, trolley dolly
......?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Id be thinking about whether they actually meant the smile or were faking it and hate the sight of you, also if they don't smile but don't care about class (and you don't like them for this)
makeshiftwings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hardly anyone smiled at me when I worked on checkouts, but now I'm in the bakery the fat gets smile like a cheshire cat to get their bread sliced.
Seabiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe... they just don't like you? Not many people smile anyway in this day and age, I wouldn't be too worried...
kalibantre
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I smile at people if they make eye ontact with my in the street, it's just nice. and when i serve people, they usually smile and chat back, and in the street.

you're not from london are you?? all the people 've seen in london unless they know you dont bloody smile.. meanies!
Seabiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you smile at any random Londoner, you are officially considered a weirdo...
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
If you smile at any random Londoner, you are officially considered a weirdo...
its illegal to smile on the tube.

(probably)
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think smiling makes me look like a simpleton. So unless you're a family member or a close friend, the closest you'll come to seeing me smiling is... well... finding someone who looks similar to me... smiling, of course.
mmjp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kalibantre)
I smile at people if they make eye ontact with my in the street, it's just nice. and when i serve people, they usually smile and chat back, and in the street.
I do that, but it annoys me when someone you don't know looks at you and you smile, and they don't smile back, they just carry on staring, as though you've got something wrong with you. It makes me want to stop smiling!

There was a poster at my old primary school which said "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours," which I think is a good motto to keep.

hk_1_kinobi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe they're too busy to smile? And some people are more friendlier when things in their life is going great!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads