The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would advise you not to go, there's no magic formula, and what they will tell you will either be ambiguous, obvious, easily researched on the web.

Remember, they don't care about helping you. They are a business and want the money...

There's a really good book, that gives you answers to loads of medicinal interview questions, by george lee and olivier piccard. I think :unsure:
Reply 2
Going to one of those would be stupid if you had to pay for it. It's common sense. And if you're struggling TSR is here for you. And also UCL are running some Medicine interview courses. But that may only be for students who attended one of their medical summer schools. Like me :smile:
Reply 3
Well, let's just say I definately want to attend one... How about futuredoctors? Has anyone had experience with them before, I'm sure it would help, even if a little bit, I prefer listening to someone than having to rummage around through google finding stuff, it will help me I am sure...
Give me £50 and I'll whip you into shape :biggrin: Better value than those ripoff private companies :yep:
Reply 5
futuredoctors is £79, so I couldn't really complain too much about that price, let's be honest... I am sure any experience like this would help, even if a little...
Reply 6
medschoolstudentsarah will be on here in a sec...
Reply 7
Do you go to a school in north london?
subscribes
Are you taking the actual piss?

Interviews are to decide if you're naturally a pleasant, doctor type. You can't fake it, stop trying to. You can't buy yourself attributes, don't go, they're a complete waste of time and money and utterly distasteful.
Reply 10
1001 Chiko
Are you taking the actual piss?

Interviews are to decide if you're naturally a pleasant, doctor type. You can't fake it, stop trying to. You can't buy yourself attributes, don't go, they're a complete waste of time and money and utterly distasteful.

Fair enough, but I just want to kno what to expect, I am not trying to pretend I am someone who I am not, or I would be entering the wrong profession, I am really not like that... All I want is a few tips, it would be stupid to go in without any expereince, and I know that futuredoctors is rund by wquslified doctors from Imperial and Cambridge, as the guy came to my school the other day and he really did help give me a better understanding, but still I would like a bit more info, maybe go on the futuredoctors thing, after all £79????? You can;t go wrong..
resortini
Fair enough, but I just want to kno what to expect, I am not trying to pretend I am someone who I am not, or I would be entering the wrong profession, I am really not like that... All I want is a few tips, it would be stupid to go in without any expereince, and I know that futuredoctors is rund by wquslified doctors from Imperial and Cambridge, as the guy came to my school the other day and he really did help give me a better understanding, but still I would like a bit more info, maybe go on the futuredoctors thing, after all £79????? You can;t go wrong..

Honestly what do you think that this futuredoctors can tell you that TSR can't? And what do you honestly think it will help you achieve and learn about? Some magical formula?

You want to know what to expect? All the obvious questions....duh.
resortini

Who cares if they're from Imperial and Cambridge? Honestly the uni snobbery isn't the same in medicine. Do what everyone else does and google past questions, prepare answers to them and that's it.
Reply 13
SahilB91
medschoolstudentsarah will be on here in a sec...

haha LOL! :biggrin:
Reply 14
EmersonDrain
Give me £50 and I'll whip you into shape :biggrin: Better value than those ripoff private companies :yep:

I'll do it for £40.
Baki
I'll do it for £40.

Ill do it for £30.(1 session 2 hours)
Baki
I'll do it for £40.

vas876
Ill do it for £30.(1 session 2 hours)

Grrrr discount pricing! Of course, I'm offering a Bentley rather than a Ka service so definitely worth the extra dosh :wink: :p:

I don't know why people would pay for courses when there's so much information available for free on TSR. The DIY/TSR approach is by far the most fun and satisfying :yep:
THE STUDENT ROOM
resortini
Can anyone recommend any interview courses for medicine that you have personally been on, or a friend has been on, that are not too expensive (like the ISC one that is £179, which I really cannot afford), anything around £100 and below would okay...

first the medlink in year 13 one and now this??

no more silly threads from you okay?? :rolleyes:
EmersonDrain
Grrrr discount pricing! Of course, I'm offering a Bentley rather than a Ka service so definitely worth the extra dosh :wink: :p:

I don't know why people would pay for courses when there's so much information available for free on TSR. The DIY/TSR approach is by far the most fun and satisfying :yep:

As a first time applicant Not really.

Latest

Trending

Trending