The Student Room Group

The Official Funding questions/moans/possible joy Thread

Scroll to see replies

Same here. I was overthinking it but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. I assume we are all still under consideration.
Is the postgraduate loan paid in multiple instalments if it’s for a two year course?
Original post by Stella1993
Is the postgraduate loan paid in multiple instalments if it’s for a two year course?

normally yes, it is always paid in three instalments per year (beginning of the academic year, spring, summer)
Reply 1663
I haven't heard anything regarding funding from Durham yet, and they said we would find out by the end of this week, so looks like we will be finding out tomorrow. I might not be getting any sleep tonight!

Good luck everyone who is waiting on a funding outcome! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Is there only one bursary per course or in case of a two year MA you apply for one each year?
Original post by ari3
I haven't heard anything regarding funding from Durham yet, and they said we would find out by the end of this week, so looks like we will be finding out tomorrow. I might not be getting any sleep tonight!

Good luck everyone who is waiting on a funding outcome! :smile:

So I assume we will find out later 😅 I guess we all need to relax and give up on the idea to have an approximate timeframe !
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1666
Original post by Queermélite
So I assume we will find out later 😅 I guess we all need to relax and give up on the idea to have an approximate timeframe !

Yeah, I guess so
Super frustrating for them to tell me they were aiming to tell people the outcome by today and then we hear absolutely nothing.
I have given up hope at this point and will no longer be refreshing my email, the email will come when it comes...
:confused:
Have any NB Durham waitlisters heard anything?
Original post by mshlf33

nope... losing hope :frown:
Yes, same. I'd imagine the general acceptance deadline has now passed...
Original post by mshlf33

Nope. I emailed the NB lady who said they hadn’t received any more declines in the last week or so and the competition process was settling down. And that there may well be more declines but she has no idea when they would be. I spoke to my supervisor about Durham internal funding and he said how glum it all is, how a lot of people they expected to get funded didn’t, and they were in the process of sorting DDS. He said he had his fingers crossed but said to prepare myself, don’t take it to heart, how funding doesn’t define me etc... I hope we hear soon. I must admit the hope I had is waining now :frown:
Original post by NaomiMadeleine
Nope. I emailed the NB lady who said they hadn’t received any more declines in the last week or so and the competition process was settling down. And that there may well be more declines but she has no idea when they would be. I spoke to my supervisor about Durham internal funding and he said how glum it all is, how a lot of people they expected to get funded didn’t, and they were in the process of sorting DDS. He said he had his fingers crossed but said to prepare myself, don’t take it to heart, how funding doesn’t define me etc... I hope we hear soon. I must admit the hope I had is waining now :frown:

Did he say if the DDS would still be this week or later on ( so I stop checking my emails lol) ? :smile:

Thanks. Fingers crossed that there's still hope, and if not then all fingers crossed for next year!
Original post by Queermélite
Did he say if the DDS would still be this week or later on ( so I stop checking my emails lol) ? :smile:

No he didn’t :frown: he has no idea. I was convinced it would be last week... now this week... now I’m not entirely sure. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. I’ll be compulsively checking my emails until then haha :bebored:
No he didn’t :frown: he has no idea. I was convinced it would be last week... now this week... now I’m not entirely sure. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. I’ll be compulsively checking my emails until then haha :bebored:

Thank you very much for this! Crossing my fingers for everyone here !
Reply 1675
Hey,

I got an email on Tuesday from the department and my supervisors that I did not get DDS funding.

I was expecting this so was not too disappointed but it is still a blow.

Good luck to those still waiting, the waiting is the worst part I feel!
Original post by ari3
Hey,

I got an email on Tuesday from the department and my supervisors that I did not get DDS funding.

I was expecting this so was not too disappointed but it is still a blow.

Good luck to those still waiting, the waiting is the worst part I feel!

Ah sorry to hear that! Do you mind me asking which department that was?
Reply 1677
Original post by Charles093
Ah sorry to hear that! Do you mind me asking which department that was?

History :smile:
Hello! Has anyone who was waitlisted for the AHRC / SGSAH heard anything?
Original post by platosrave
Hello! Has anyone who was waitlisted for the AHRC / SGSAH heard anything?

Yes, the waitlist pulled through, I received an offer from SGSAH yesterday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending