This forum... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kard)
Would you generally say that most people on TSR are A Grade students. Coz I'm getting a bit worried about uni, if this is how many A grade students are in RL, then competition for uni is gonna be bad.

>_>

<_<
Its because a majority of people who have their predicted grades in the signature or in their posts are A grade students, when the pretty average graded people dont feel they want to announce it? Maybe thats why you think a majorty are A graders
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
To reiterate what is the general consensus: TSR is not a fair and proportionate sample of students. The fact that this is a student forum on the internet can indicate somethings about people that use it: that they care about their work, that most of them can afford the internet and they will choose it over doing other things, etc. We'd get a better picture of British students if we also counted those that didn't use TSR.

Also, we musn't forget that everything that is said on here is not necessarily true. No one will check whether Mr XYZ really has 12A*s. And furthermore, the people who have bad grades won't claim them as much as the ones who have good ones, and this can distort impressions about TSR a bit.
cat_meiow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kard)
Would you generally say that most people on TSR are A Grade students. Coz I'm getting a bit worried about uni, if this is how many A grade students are in RL, then competition for uni is gonna be bad.

>_>

<_<
Omg I thought I was the only one that thought that, well now I know I'm not.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads