Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    i've taken 12 pro plus and still fallen asleep. i think you need to sort out your sleeping naturally rather than by taking pills.
    Jesus! You lazy thing you!

ReputationRep:
    over how long a period of time did you take them? and did you fall asleep at your desk or were you actually in a sleeping situation, like in bed on on a long car journey?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just me being raised on a poor diet, but they do nothing for me...I have noticed though, a glass of coke at 3am does wonders (I work some nights...i'm not no vampire or something )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    I didn't know what this was so searched it. But as a drug, I don't condone it as any form of stress management, if you're worried about your exams, get off :tsr: and revise now!
    Article on pro-plus use
    And from here

:eek: :eek: That article calls Canadians wimpy!

(okay, we kinda are...but still)

ReputationRep:
    im hoping not to have one day..

But i actually think i mite fall asleep!

I have TWO history exams to revise for tomorrow :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Mate stay away from them, they seriously screw with your mind, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonBoy)
    Mate stay away from them, they seriously screw with your mind, trust me.
    you know that from personal experience ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petrolxfumes)
    pro-plus is amazing for festivals.
    Indeed. Must be said, I popped a couple of them while I was at Download... There really useful in moderation, but taking them on a regular basis is just stupid. :rolleyes:

More stupid was my friend who drank Red bull and took Pro Plus... not realising that they are both caffeine supplements :rolleyes: Stupid whench... she crashed off the high it gave her and almost collapsed in the middle of town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Indeed. Must be said, I popped a couple of them while I was at Download... There really useful in moderation, but taking them on a regular basis is just stupid. :rolleyes:

More stupid was my friend who drank Red bull and took Pro Plus... not realising that they are both caffeine supplements :rolleyes: Stupid whench... she crashed off the high it gave her and almost collapsed in the middle of town.
    my friend was hyper on lucozade and wanted pro plus im glad i said no

ReputationRep:
    The difference between drinking coffee and taking pro-plus is the matter of absorption by your body. It is really irrelevant how much caffeine is in the stuff you are taking, it is how much is absorbed by your body. Pro-plus are designed to give a high level of caffeine absorption so you do end up taking more in a pro-plus tablet than in coffee (where lots just passes through your gut). Interestingly tea contains more caffeine than coffee, but less is absorbed by your body.

Caffeine is one of the most physically addictive substances known, which is quite scary really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    The difference between drinking coffee and taking pro-plus is the matter of absorption by your body. It is really irrelevant how much caffeine is in the stuff you are taking, it is how much is absorbed by your body. Pro-plus are designed to give a high level of caffeine absorption so you do end up taking more in a pro-plus tablet than in coffee (where lots just passes through your gut). Interestingly tea contains more caffeine than coffee, but less is absorbed by your body.

Caffeine is one of the most physically addictive substances known, which is quite scary really.
    Indeed... another friend of mine can't stop drinking tea after 4 consecutive all nighter seshes during his exam period where he drank what we worked out to be a total of 23 pints of tea. I think he's managed to reduce the need for tea now... but hes still drinking a fair amount!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Indeed... another friend of mine can't stop drinking tea after 4 consecutive all nighter seshes during his exam period where he drank what we worked out to be a total of 23 pints of tea. I think he's managed to reduce the need for tea now... but hes still drinking a fair amount!
    It's not healthy really. You shouldn't really take caffeine at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammyD)
    One Pro Plus tablet contains 50mg of caffeine.
    No it doesn't - it's 250mg

(Original post by Lauren)
    i've taken 12 pro plus and still fallen asleep.
    That's a minor overdose, how do you know you didn't fall into un-consciousness because of the overdose.

ReputationRep:
    i dont like it it makes me to hyper and i cant concentrate properly

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=G4ry]No it doesn't - it's 250mg[QUOTE]

this is what it says the back of the box - I have some in my bag

PRO PLUS contains caffine, a stimulant which can help maintain alertness and makes you feel less tired.

dosage adults and children over 12 take 1 -2 tablets ect ect

keep out of reach of children

each table contains the active ingredient: 50mg caffeine anhydrous Ph. Eur. also contains sorbitol and magnsium sterate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    [each table contains the active ingredient: 50mg caffeine anhydrous Ph. Eur. also contains sorbitol and magnsium sterate
    I just checked - you're right, i thought it was 250mg for some reason....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I just checked - you're right, i thought it was 250mg for some reason....
    i thought i wasm ore but then if you take 2 thats 100mg so its alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niaya)
    i if you take 2 thats 100mg so its alot
    100mg isn't that much, a cup of coffee has between 125-250mg of caffeine in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    100mg isn't that much, a cup of coffee has between 125-250mg of caffeine in it.
    ok its takes longer to drink coffee and more is absorbed into the stomach
    I think

ReputationRep:
    a girl i used to be friends with is abuses them regulary by taking them along with alcohol and paracetamol, but she does it for attention, now she has lots of problems because of it mentally and physically

pro-plus are ok if they are genually needed, just dont mix them with anything xoxo

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.