The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
:eek:
learned something new today... I'll make sure to stay away from those tablets when i'm at uni... it might be even worse for me, because I drink neither coffee nor tea, nor coke, lol, so my body might hyper react if it suddenly had to deal with that much! :redface:
Reply 41
dont do it!!! or you['ll need sleeping tablets to sleep, then pro plus to wake, then its a whole vicious cycle!

try natural alternatives- chamomile tea to calm down and relax, ginger tea/peppermint/ginseng/lemon to refresh and awake. and you know what? all are natural, taste nice and have no nasty effects.
Reply 42
the difference between coffee and pro plus is pro plus is pure caffeine, whereas when you drink coffee there's water and maybe even milk in it which dilutes it. unless you're one of those strange people like my sister who eats coffee beans to stay awake (she doesnt do that all the time though lol)
Reply 43
Too much of anything is not a good thing, and this certainly applies to Pro Plus
Reply 44
I took pro plus when i had an assignment to hand in. I stayed awake for 2 days and 2 nights solid. I ended up collapsing whilst walking down a set of stairs on my way to Uni to hand it in. I broke my nose and my face was a complete mess. I spent the day in hospital and didn't get the assignment in. Don't over do them!.
Reply 45
Im in the same position now !
Just swallowed a couple !

Assignment in for tommorow !
Reply 46
the difference between coffee and pro plus is pro plus is pure caffeine, whereas when you drink coffee there's water and maybe even milk in it which dilutes it.

Pro plus is not pure caffeine, it has magnesium sterate as a filler and I think it's got something else as a binding agent. I'm not entirely sure because I go for superdrug own brand caffeine pills, when I first bought them they were exactly the same ingredients as Pro Plus but half the price, and this could have changed now.

Taking them takes a bit of practise, if I'm staying up all night and take them too early I get fidgety and can't concentrate on work. I need to take them about 2 am, that's when I find I start flagging and it can make a difference.

It's not really a good idea to take them every day, although it won't do you any harm unless you overdose on them, same as with coffee, red bull or coca cola. Or anything else in life really.
Reply 47
Pro-Plus much better !
Reply 48
If you have an assignment in tomorrow why don't you go do it!!!
Reply 49
Because it sucks !

Its boring !

5 mins on it and it hurts my guts !
Reply 50
i make my own stuff useing pep pills cafine and glucose i used them when i had gcses and alevels and i plan on bring my recipie to uni wit me lol the stuffs ok solong as not taken in excess
Reply 51
I found a bottle of lucozade helps me far more than pro plus - they are addictive too my friend got addicted to them.
I only take them if i have to be up til some ridiculous time doing cw or whatever.

Latest

Trending

Trending