Turn on thread page Beta

People that smile at you in certain jobs but watch

ReputationRep:
    Well i get these feeling that there are people out there that would only give you a smile if you have a job that is up there whereas if your just pushing a trolley round they dont smile back. is it just me that notices this does anyone else think that its wrong to be like that. as my outlook would be to give respect to people whatever class they're in etc whether its a cleaner or something higher than that. how true is it that there are people like that and would it be easy to spot if you were in a high profile job would you be able to spot people that dont like people in less profile jobs.
    This has just been bugging me as i have had different jobs and have seen this.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree, i work part-time in a supermarket, and while there are some people who are really nice to me, a LOT are so rude and patronising. My colleagues are such nice people and i have made a lot of friends and met my boyfriend there. I guess its only human to look down on people you feel are 'below' you in some way, but in reality i prefer to get to know them.

what experience have you had of this then philip?

ReputationRep:
    If you work through school, get a good education and move onto a job such as a doctor, solicitor, nurse, accountant (you know the people that run the country) - and this also applies to postmen, bus drivers (all nationalised industries) - then you deserve a smile more than people pushing trolleys for big national companies, and thy don't have a brain cell in their heads, not only that - they have never tried to obtain one. Nevertheless, a smile hurts nobody.

ReputationRep:
    wasn't this alrerady done a few minutes ago?

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. We need people in minimum wage jobs to do these jobs. There are a lot of 'crap' jobs out there but someone has to do them. As long as they are happy then i feel i have reason to respect them, if they hate their life then they should change it, and most can and will.

ReputationRep:
    You see there are alot of nice people i know that are cleaners who are good innocent people and i think its true that there are the occassional bad person high up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsingi)
    I disagree. We need people in minimum wage jobs to do these jobs. There are a lot of 'crap' jobs out there but someone has to do them. As long as they are happy then i feel i have reason to respect them, if they hate their life then they should change it, and most can and will.
    I sent a private message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    If you work through school, get a good education and move onto a job such as a doctor, solicitor, nurse, accountant (you know the people that run the country) - and this also applies to postmen, bus drivers (all nationalised industries) - then you deserve a smile more than people pushing trolleys for big national companies, and thy don't have a brain cell in their heads, not only that - they have never tried to obtain one. Nevertheless, a smile hurts nobody.
    that is such an awful view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    that is such an awful view
    Bollox. Lets get over this Marxist-Trotskyite 'everyone is friggn equal' crap. Everyone is not equal. It's not my fault there are people at the bottom, people in the middle people at the top. It's also not my fault that humans are humans and naturally look down on people.

As I said, everyone deserves a smile.

ReputationRep:
    Bollox. Lets get over this Marxist-Trotskyite 'everyone is friggn equal' crap. Everyone is not equal. It's not my fault there are people at the bottom, people in the middle people at the top. It's also not my fault that humans are humans and naturally look down on people.

As I said, everyone deserves a smile.
    At the end of the day if someone is a good person who is a cleaner then they should have respect

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but they're not always going to get it, and if you weigh it up and you had to, is it better to smile at a good person who is a cleaner or a good person who is a solicitor sending crooks to prison?

I think that's that.

ReputationRep:
    in general though you would be nice to a cleaner if they are nice wouldnt you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, why wouldn't I be? I like to feel I'm a nice enough sorta fella.

ReputationRep:
    a nice sob :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

What a load of tripe. Firstly there are alot of intelligent people about who weren't given the chance to go to university to become a pencil pusher. Also, if it wasn't for people who do the jobs you hate then i doubt my friend you would be able to survive. I have more respect for people who grow the food you eat, who deliver it to your local supermarket than someone who sits on thier ass all day long.

ReputationRep:
    hear hear pos rep when i can!

ReputationRep:
    Its like everything else really - looks, money its human nature to look down on people although people with lower jobs work really hard and no doubt have talents so in reality they deserve the same respect.

ReputationRep:
    Excuses for people who don't want to friggn work for themselves.

A builder deserves a smile because he builds houses for people. A farmer deserves a smile because he grows our food - people who run the country deserve a friggn smile. Those working in a supermarket deserve a friggn smile (but there's a difference), (who do they work for, shareholders ...not us - do you think they giva **** about us? Nah, they care about their ****in 150 quid a week (prob in cash and signing on at the same time - why should we care about them?)

We should care for farmers, builders, postmen, accountants, politicians, doctors, nurses, firefighters, policemen, the army, the costguard etc etc etc.

Does Sally in the local Asda care if you ****in smile at her? Do you care? No you ****ing don't - but when Pat the Postman hands you a parcel, you'll smile because you'll want to and he'll care if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    You get to know a lot about a person from the way s/he treats people with so-called 'lower jobs'.

Although I can see where the comment 'it's human nature that we look down on people with lower jobs' is coming from.

ReputationRep:
    lol your silly and obnoxious bless

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.