Turn on thread page Beta

People that smile at you in certain jobs but watch

ReputationRep:
    Who really cares about 'smiles' in a crappy, sinister, miserable world anyway? Woulld only partially make me feel better, but in honesty - manners and politeness are now a thing of the past.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not bothered if people patronise me. maybe i have a big ego and it's probably wrong, but i just think "i'm at cambridge, i'm going to be on so much more money than you in two years...". keeps me going when i get treated like a dumb scouse bimbo anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing right, it's the same *****in thing with bouncers messin you about in clubs, just for the sake of it. Tits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Who really cares about 'smiles' in a crappy, sinister, miserable world anyway? Woulld only partially make me feel better, but in honesty - manners and politeness are now a thing of the past.
    Very sad, but true.

(Original post by Lauren)
    i'm not bothered if people patronise me. maybe i have a big ego and it's probably wrong, but i just think "i'm at cambridge, i'm going to be on so much more money than you in two years...". keeps me going when i get treated like a dumb scouse bimbo anyway.
    I like your attitude

ReputationRep:
    depends what your studying though and whether you get a job. I used to think like that but while im studying away my friends with ordinary jobs (shop assistants etc) have been earning for years now while ive missed out on all that cash and will do for 5/6 years if i get on to what i really want to do.
    Then again people who treat you like a bimbo are probably jelous (those who know your at uni) so you have a good attitude

btw out of interest is physiotherapy classed as a middle rank job or lower?

ReputationRep:
    My geography teacher did geography at Cambridge and look at him now.
    The fact that you go to a good university does not secure you with the best jobs ever. No doubt does it give you an extra assest but do not think employers will jump at your feet just because you graduated from Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: just because your going to cambridge doesnt make you any better then anyone else again simple snobbery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Excuses for people who don't want to friggn work for themselves.

A builder deserves a smile because he builds houses for people. A farmer deserves a smile because he grows our food - people who run the country deserve a friggn smile. Those working in a supermarket deserve a friggn smile (but there's a difference), (who do they work for, shareholders ...not us - do you think they giva **** about us? Nah, they care about their ****in 150 quid a week (prob in cash and signing on at the same time - why should we care about them?)

We should care for farmers, builders, postmen, accountants, politicians, doctors, nurses, firefighters, policemen, the army, the costguard etc etc etc.

Does Sally in the local Asda care if you ****in smile at her? Do you care? No you ****ing don't - but when Pat the Postman hands you a parcel, you'll smile because you'll want to and he'll care if you don't.
    I agree...
    Im not saying I dont smile back at people in the supermarket because I do. But yeah, we've created a society like this we've just gotta accept it.
    Oh yeah- and about the Cambridge thing. Surely she is better than some people, she has worked hard and has the brains to go there and will I'm sure use the degree to get a well paid job.
    How do we define better anyway? Are we talking social status - in that shes worth more? Well she will be if she does herself justice and gets a job that will benefit our society.

ReputationRep:
    so even though iv worked hard but have decided to not to go to cambridge im immeadiatly not as good a person as her?

ReputationRep:
    There is more to a person than their occupation.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2005
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.