The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Morgs
...Haven't heard from any art students yet!!
If there is any of you out there... would be nice to hear from you! I've got my exhibition in april and I have 8-9 final pieces nearly finished....stress level is getting pretty high... oh well its all part of it if art is a passion..for me it is ;-)
cheers,
Morgan

well, i dont do art, but i do do graphics, witch is kinda an art in itslef. from my experience i dun think there are many a-level art student on here. (could be rong though)

but im always interested in art so do you have any pictures of your work? and wheres the exibition?
Reply 2
kyuuki
well, i dont do art, but i do do graphics, witch is kinda an art in itslef. from my experience i dun think there are many a-level art student on here. (could be rong though)

but im always interested in art so do you have any pictures of your work? and wheres the exibition?

Hi there,
just read your message... I must say that your work is beautiful.. I went to see your website.. Iam currently makeing a website for the International school that I go to which is in Munich Germany, and this website will be for art students that means that I'll be taking digital photographs of IB final pieces that will be displayed on the website... the exhibition will be at the school.. I do different types of art.. I do photo manipulation by hand and I like pencil drawing aswell as graffiti..but iam mostly interested in fashion design!Right now iam trying to be open minded and to let everything inspire me! Iam sure that once I get the website finished you can view some of my work...hopefully soon

.....so how do you get inspired?
d is an Art student but I doubt he will be replying.
Reply 4
well, the fact that im only a high school student may be misleading, but I do everything at a collage level. now, anyways...

I do graphics, too. Perhapse you could show us some photos of what you've done so far?

I'd love to see it.
Reply 5
Morgs
Hi there,
Just read your message... I must say that your work is beautiful.. I went to see your website.. Iam currently makeing a website for the International school that I go to which is in Munich Germany, and this website will be for art students that means that I'll be taking digital photographs of IB final pieces that will be displayed on the website... the exhibition will be at the school.. I do different types of art.. I do photo manipulation by hand and I like pencil drawing aswell as graffiti..but iam mostly interested in fashion design!Right now iam trying to be open minded and to let everything inspire me! Iam sure that once I get the website finished you can view some of my work...hopefully soon

.....so how do you get inspired?

Thx :biggrin: ill finsih it one day, im really interested in photography at the moment, as i wont be updating the website anytime soon if ur interested heres 2 links to 2 recent photographs i took,
I was trying to turn inanimate objects into meaningfull and emotional pictures using shadows

Picture 1 - am i forgotten?

Picture 2 - what did i do?

btw, the bears name is catch :smile:

What inspires me? mostly everything, somtimes i find it hard if i look for inspiration, but it usually finds me in some sort of way. I like viewing other peoples work and then relating that to an idea that iv had floating around then going to the old pencil and paper and doodling.

what inspires you? and ill look forward to seeing your work, email me the link when your finished, [email protected]

all the best, kyuuki
Reply 6
i do art at A Level. At our college we don't really do proper exhebitions. But I'll try to help with anything if i can.

Off the topic a bit, but what do you people think of this image i created with Blender 2.3a. Its a still from a current 40 second animation. Bits are missing as my computer runs windows ME and has a poor graphics card and im pushing it to its limits.
Reply 7
SasunD
i do art at A Level. At our college we don't really do proper exhebitions. But I'll try to help with anything if i can.

Off the topic a bit, but what do you people think of this image i created with Blender 2.3a. Its a still from a current 40 second animation. Bits are missing as my computer runs windows ME and has a poor graphics card and im pushing it to its limits.

looks cool, i like the way that its looking down and your falling with the snowflakes,

in my opinion more snow!!!!! also just out of interest how comes theres no snow on the roof of the house?
Reply 8
as i said, my comp is kind of shit, its been good all these years, but its beginning to lag behind. I will add the rest of the snow falling down at the very end to decrease render time, even though at the moment it is kind of long. At the end i will probably add all the trees, fences and snow and stuff. But at the moment its just stripped down to the bare minnimum, just to get an idea of where everything goes.

I still have to fix a probelm in the animation where the snow falls down still too quickly.

The actual scene is of a slightly blue snowflake falling from the sky, the camera tracks this snow flake, and it appears that you are looking from a snowflake onto a different snowflake.

By the way, i like the site. How did you creat it, i mena like flash, photoshop, what kind of html programming. And also, are you a Uni student, or do graphic design in College and are taught this stuff. Kos it looks kool, and ive been trying to start my site, but have been going nowhere. My current website, a bit poor, is CTOAN
Reply 9
SasunD
as i said, my comp is kind of shit, its been good all these years, but its beginning to lag behind. I will add the rest of the snow falling down at the very end to decrease render time, even though at the moment it is kind of long. At the end i will probably add all the trees, fences and snow and stuff. But at the moment its just stripped down to the bare minnimum, just to get an idea of where everything goes.

I still have to fix a probelm in the animation where the snow falls down still too quickly.

The actual scene is of a slightly blue snowflake falling from the sky, the camera tracks this snow flake, and it appears that you are looking from a snowflake onto a different snowflake.

By the way, i like the site. How did you creat it, i mena like flash, photoshop, what kind of html programming. And also, are you a Uni student, or do graphic design in College and are taught this stuff. Kos it looks kool, and ive been trying to start my site, but have been going nowhere. My current website, a bit poor, is CTOAN

can u send me it when your done? id love to see it,

in anser to your questions..

i used photoshop 7 as always to create the site, i make them in photoshop then transfer that to dreamweaver, i dont know much html at all! i must learn some some somtime... i used to know flash quite well (about 2 years ago) that was before i started using photoshop,
I dont really get taught anything of this as i do a graphic design / resistant materials a-level cource atm, and thats mostly materials bound. i teach myself, always find its the best way, learning 3ds max at the moment to enhance my 3d capability.

personally i think a mixture of flash and html works best in a site,

keep working on the site, its got good potential.
Reply 10
kyuuki
btw, the bears name is catch :smile:

That's a "Catchy" name! :biggrin: :redface: :frown:
I know- Bad joke! :frown: :rolleyes:
Reply 11
kyuuki i love you work it really is amazing I which I had an artistic ming sometimes.... Well done :biggrin:
Reply 12
grrrrrrr kyuuki!!!

I just ordered my prints i wanted for xmas from deviantprints, the second one of yours was up as one, certainly would of got that!
Reply 13
Hey! i do art. :biggrin: .......................but only as a gcse :rolleyes: ....................... dont think anyones interested! :biggrin: :redface:
Reply 14
what inspires you? and ill look forward to seeing your work, email me the link when your finished, [email protected]

all the best, kyuuki

Hi....congratulations for your photos!You have a good taste and quality for photography....I like the shadows..it gives a sensitive feeling...black and white photos always seem to stop the moment...
...I admire your confidence in showing your work because when it has to do with my art iam quiet introverted maybe because most of my work is personally about myself or maybe because iam too sensitive...except for the recent ones ive been working on...which is based on fshion design..my designs dont have a function, its more to observe.
...everything inspires me! Though what inspires me the most are mistakes! because thats how most ideas develop (in my point of view)..
..However I do get motivation by various artists such as Gustav Klimt, James Rosenquist and my favourite philosopher Kahlil Gibran...but these are just a few!! I also like music A LOT! I compose my own piano pieces..

What about you...Do you like any artists?
Reply 15
SasunD

Hi,
If I may add a comment together with the other comments you recieved...
I also really like the idea of the snow falling, maybe you could aswell lighten the colours of the house to make it blend in more with the snow to give it a less dominant effect..it depends on whats the attention focused on but then again maybe there is no need of a focused attention! Though more snow is also not a bad idea :-)

hope I helped :-)
ciao
Reply 16
psychemystery
Hi nice to know everyone here!
This is my first time to post the messege in this forum.
I was searching for the topic about IB art and I just found here!
I'm very happy because I really want to find the place where I can discuss about artworks with people at my age.

I'm taking IB visual arts HL.The deadline for sending personal statement and portfolio is so soon! Now I don't have enough final works, and honestly I don't even know what kind of theme or works I want to concentrate on. I really can't decide one.I'm dead for sure!>_<
I heard that it's very hard to get high score in IB visual arts. I really hope I could get like 6 or 7, but it seems to be a dream for me ~_~...

I really like to do graphic design and digital photography. I attached two works of mine here, please tell me what you think about them. I made a small digital portfolio for college admission in flash, I will upload it to a website when I have time. Please email to me at [email protected] or add my address to your MSN messenger.

I really like Kyuuki's works. I got some special feelings when looking at the works! I also like the design and colours of Kyuuki's website. It's really nice and cool!

Psychemystery

Waw!
Nice photography, they catch the eye because there seems to be a story behind each photo especially the first one... I like that style of photography because you can use your imagination to create a story..you have a good sense of colour.. the tones fit well together! So what would you be inspired by or what inspires you? iam excited for your reply...
The problem that I am having at the moment is giving names to my final pieces ;-)
...maybe I should read more poetry..is there a technique or tip on how to name pieces? Some of mine are called.. Green Flash, Moody, Me behind Myself, Multiplied Beauty...
((((((Would be interesting to know what everybody elses are called))))

Latest

Trending

Trending