Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that after you've washed a moulded cup/padded bra they go all out of shape, is this true?! If so, is there anyway of preventing it? Quick replys appriciated! Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    It's true if you machine wash them too often. I always hand wash them in warm water with normal washing powder and they last a lot longer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it does happen.

ReputationRep:
    the padding inside goes all lumpy on mine so i slide the paddin out (most of them let ya, inside the cup) and then have to put it bak into shape and slide it bak into the bra agen!!! a lot of hastle just to look like you hav bigger boobs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    It's true if you machine wash them too often. I always hand wash them in warm water with normal washing powder and they last a lot longer.
    Right... yeah I was planning on hand washing them - will this make them stay in shape? Thanks for the replys!

ReputationRep:
    It went all lumpy in one of mind and made it look like somebody had been biting my nipple!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, mine get a bit wrinkled as they dry but they're normal when you wear them, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. Will try washing one by hand and hope for the best... lol.

ReputationRep:
    Technically you should wash them by hand, in warm water. That'll prolong the life, but I can never be bothered

Elle MacPherson bras are the best, I always machine wash them at 40 and they last about 2 years before they start to go lumpy... so it depends on the quality too.

skevvybritt x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skevvybritt)
    Technically you should wash them by hand, in warm water. That'll prolong the life, but I can never be bothered
    skevvybritt x
    Well that's what I just did, so fingers crossed! It's new so hasn't been washed before, so *hopefully* it should remain lumpy-free. Lol I'm so fussy about bras

ReputationRep:
    You need to wash at 60 to get the grease and oils out of clothes. I usually wash my bra's at 40 which is a compromise, but handwashing them will do **** all to clean them. They say handwash on the label because then they are subject to less wear and tear so they last longer, and in case something does go wrong in the wash the manufacturer can say that you were in the wrong. Mine last long enough being machine washed anyway, I've never had to throw one away from being worn out.

If you buy decent padded bra's they don't lose their shape in the wash. If you like cheap bra's then just reshape them whilst they are wet.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.