Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the following attachement is a answerof a succession question. the question is describe succession?

can somebody write it for me as a paragraph... cuzits a mark shceme and i wanna memorize it as a paragraph form.

thanks
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc New Microsoft Word Document.doc (33.5 KB, 122 views)

ReputationRep:
    An example of succession (from a bare site to woodland):

• Lichens and mosses (pioneer community) colonise boulders and rocks (they can survive very poor soil conditions). They build up pockets of soil and humus.
    • Grasses and wild flowers such as daisies grow in the soil pockets.
    • Taller flowering plants such as willow herb and foxgloves grow when there is enough soil for their seeds to be established. Root nodules fix nitrogen.
    • Bushes and shrubs (woody plants) such as hawthorn and bramble shelter and out-compete the flowering plants for light.
    • Fast growing trees such as birch develop.
    • Large, slow growing, deciduous trees such as oak can then grow (climax community).

A balance is eventually reached between plants and the environment – the climatic climax. Human interference can prevent succession from reaching its natural climax and leads to deflected succession

ReputationRep:
    thanks.. but can you read the mark scheme attached and do it? thanks

ReputationRep:
    abandoned land are colonised by grassland which are eventually replace by shrubs. The shrubs r replaced by woodland forming a climax community which has a increase in biodiversity over a period of time.

ReputationRep:
    lol..not very good but u'll get full marks!

ReputationRep:
    dmaster... plz download the attachment then asnwer my question plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    you have the answer so why exactly did you make this thread????

Confused!

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I don't get it either..

ReputationRep:
    ive got the answer.... but i dont know how to write it in a pargraph form! the markschemes r confusing... thats why!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just put it into sentences? You don't even need it in paragraph form.. If you write your answers in bullet points you can still get all the marks, if they're correct (not the extended essay qstns though).. Just learn the mark scheme!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.