The Student Room Group
Reply 1
oo dear,

i was gonna attempt that n thought hell know so i revised n still am now lol

whats the moduel you wana "blag"
Reply 2
unit 5 edexcel
and unit 6 cromwell and the protectorate yuk
^^^ go on the Edexcel website and at least skim read the specification and assessment objectives so that you know what the examiner is looking for. Even if you take a very analytical approach, they'll still be expecting factual detail to back up the points you make. It's not too late, so why not just bullet point a few key things you could add to an essay on the topic today? It doesn't have to be pages and pages and will serve you well in the long run.
Reply 4
Argh, i have to try and 'blag' it too! I spent too long revising Psychology Unit 4 (which i had on friday) and so not enough time for history, which i have tommorrow! If the right question comes up, i'll be ok, as i do know the course quite well, but if the questions are strangely worded i'll be stuffed! :redface:
Reply 5
bohogirlie
Argh, i have to try and 'blag' it too! I spent too long revising Psychology Unit 4 (which i had on friday)

Tell me about it!!!!! I've done hardly anything for psych unit 5 as well - but I can't revise that and history all at once!

:argh:
Reply 6
I am screwed aswell, one day to revise most of the syllabus wahooooo - thinking about reverting to a faith and praying any ideas lol?
Reply 7
i want to cry!

Unit 5 - im proper hoping to blag the factors questions!

Don't even talk to me about unit 6 :frown:
Reply 8
Take ten minutes for each question on unit 6. Make a table that divides the sources into those that support and those that contradict the question. See what information is included in the sources, and whether any of the information given contradicts / supports anything from any of the other sources.

Write an introduction where you examine what the question is asking - focus on key words, and a conclusion where you definitively answer the question. The answer to Unit 6 questions is always "to some extent".
both are sources papers, concentrate on the question in unit 5 which requires use of sources. i find that sources jog my memory and help you remember things even if you havent revised. the sources will always connect to the questions, but make sure it sounds like you use you own knowledge. for example, read the sources and it suggests a particular point. write the point in your own words and then use the source to back it up and maybe another source to try confirm it. add a little bit of any detail you remember and hopefully that should be ok. i would try read everthing through so its fresh in your mind. good luck!
Reply 10
I have Unit 6 Stalin tomorrow... Luckily, packed full of sources so at the very least it's easy to "wing" the initial marks. I've blasted my own knowledge into me, so hopefully will go smoothly. :smile: Law tomorrow as well, silli exam timetable.

D xxx
Reply 11
To some extent you can make up historian's quotes. As long as you know a particular historian's standpoint you can simply paraphrase if you have trouble remembering in full a direct quote.
Reply 12
Wise One
Take ten minutes for each question on unit 6. Make a table that divides the sources into those that support and those that contradict the question. See what information is included in the sources, and whether any of the information given contradicts / supports anything from any of the other sources.

Write an introduction where you examine what the question is asking - focus on key words, and a conclusion where you definitively answer the question. The answer to Unit 6 questions is always "to some extent".

thanks! do you have to give your opinion on the judgement?
Reply 13
Definitely give your opinion. The question will be "to what extent do YOU agree", so faffing about blathering about structuralism/intentionalism will not get you to the highest level unless you maintain a clear line of argument and give your opinion at the end.

The part (a) question would help if you "factorise" your argument - look for key factors that will answer it. For example, "How popular was the Nazi regime 1933-9?" would probably help if you factorised all the things that appealed to the masses (Economic/Material Benefits (policy), Foreign Status/benefits (policy), Indoctrination (Propaganda), Entertainment/General Appeal (Propaganda) and then perhaps added a bit on opposition at the end....

Don't forget to show the limitations of these factors and so create argument (e.g foreign and economic benefits weren't really ideologically based so to what extent does this make the actual regime popular?), then you'd bring in "indoctrination" as more imp. because that is concerned with ideology, but you'd highlight how this was failed to a great extent, bringing in your stuff on opposition to reinforce that there was opposition and the regime wasn't "wholly" popular....

The part (b) q I would suggest the approach as above.
Reply 14
carcharodon
help!
i need a B at hist a-level, has anyone got any tips so that you can pretend you know what your talking about like for essay modules and source modules
lol - im not expecting miracles, just tips
Im not hopeless at history got an A star at gcse and am naturally v clever
but just problems ive had recently havent allowed me to spend full attention
im not a lazy person!! lol :rolleyes:

yeh same fing happned to me..i got A star in gcse's but never had time to work on histry 4 ages at a level..wot i did was in the mornin b4 jus read all the notes..n understood why everything was hapening..n in the exam it just came to me..well not all the specifics like names n dates..but i had a rough idea and was able to blag..got a B at alevel afta.
Reply 15
yes history is indeed very easy to blag at A level, well, i presume, going on the basis of AS levels, and Unit 4 which i took in January. Truth be told, the questions tend to a particular format and so often if you vaguely know what you are talking about, it is pretty easy. The only hard questions are the ones requiring just knowledge - I recall last year I had a question asking about joseph goebbels of which I literally had no idea, but still got 90% overal due to the easy nature of the other questions. Hence it isnt hard to blag if you capitalise on the source questions and those which don't require much knowledge, because clearly it proves absolutely nothing if you can recall countless facts.

Latest

Trending

Trending