Turn on thread page Beta

I'm worried... I can't concentrate! watch

ReputationRep:
    Now, like everyone, I'm nearing the end of my GCSEs

But i've got a problem, there's still a couple of exams left and I really can't concentrate on them anymore! I just can't be bothered revising, I've lost the will to live!! Just want to go outside in the sunshine :cool: but I need to keep going.... at least until physics is over on wednesday!

Is anyone else getting a bit sluggish now?

Any tips for an extra boost of concentration?! All ideas welcomed!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think it's happening to everyone basically the best thing to do is go out enjoy the day and you'll feel more relax and motivated to study more and look forward for more fun on wednesday.. you cant expect to kill yourself all day everyday... so relax at times

Have fun then

From John Wood

ReputationRep:
    yo mate i feel EXACTLY the same as u
    i was well up for first week when exams kicked in proper for me (6 june)>>>>>>>>.i fell ill>>>>>>>.exams passed>>>>>>>4 left......had 4 days spare>>>>>>not a second of revision
    got 1 day to revise for 4 big exams now
    lol.....i think its natural mate

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its good to know its not just me then!

ReputationRep:
    Yeap - exactly how I feel. It's so hot in my room aswell, definatly not ideal for revision!!! Im trying to do triple science ontop of all that, 3 exams on Wednesday, that doesnt help. Also im getting increasly concerned about the exams I have already done, and keep worrying wheather I have done well enough for them and what grades i have got etc. Oh well, guess we'll never know until Augest 25th! Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say what I said in the other thread posted about losing motivation: just keep telling yourself that the last few days of hell will pay off in the long run. A few days of revision will seem like a very small sacrifice when you get good grades come August.

ReputationRep:
    Lol looks like this is happening to everyone. I haven't even touched any books in 3 days. I'm feeling soooo lazy and even more coz of the heat. Just gonna cram everything in for the next 2 exams then i'll b dun.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the feeling, you literally have to force yourself to revise and not go out in the sun. Close your curtains, fill your bed with ice-packs, and pretend it's winter .

ReputationRep:
    I know, saying that though i have struggled to get motivated all the way through i always thought that when it came to my GCSEs i would beable to concentrate loads, the worst thing about it is that i know i could of done better in some exams if id'e revised a little bit rather than leaving it all to the last minuite but oh well its over now and there's nothing that i can do to change what iv'e done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelrainbow32)
    I know, saying that though i have struggled to get motivated all the way through i always thought that when it came to my GCSEs i would beable to concentrate loads, the worst thing about it is that i know i could of done better in some exams if id'e revised a little bit rather than leaving it all to the last minuite but oh well its over now and there's nothing that i can do to change what iv'e done.
    That's -exactly- how I feel too. As long as I get mostly As, I'll be fine with it, but if I get more than half Bs I'll be completely pissed off with myself.

ReputationRep:
    I've struggled with motibation the whole way through, in fact now i'm probably more motivated than ever as I've finally realised i have to do some work :eek: And i'm still on :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I've also struggled to motivate myself (all the way through the exam period!), but now I am down to the last few exams I just can't concentrate Like others have said though, I keep telling myself if I do it will pay off in the long run.....

ReputationRep:
    I would just continue to revise when you feel like it. There's no point revising when you don't want to, as you won't do well, find that time you feel like it. Sit in a cool place and relax and revise. How many more exams do you have left?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sluggish, especially as its been 30 degrees all weekend..its so hard to revise in the heat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I would just continue to revise when you feel like it. There's no point revising when you don't want to, as you won't do well, find that time you feel like it. Sit in a cool place and relax and revise. How many more exams do you have left?
    I've got 2 left Omg its hot again today!!!! What are we gonna do?!!?
    I can't remember the last time I actually didn't want it to be hot! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    Now, like everyone, I'm nearing the end of my GCSEs

But i've got a problem, there's still a couple of exams left and I really can't concentrate on them anymore! I just can't be bothered revising, I've lost the will to live!! Just want to go outside in the sunshine :cool: but I need to keep going.... at least until physics is over on wednesday!

Is anyone else getting a bit sluggish now?

Any tips for an extra boost of concentration?! All ideas welcomed!
    im as sluggish as ever. im doing 10 A-level exams and gosh they r a lot.

im doing Physics, Computing and Maths. ive got 4 left and i hve had it.

i felt the same during my GCSE's we all feel that way, but dnt give up now. think of what a lovely summer uve got lo look 4ward to after them

ReputationRep:
    In three and bit days time you will have nearly ten weeks off! Then you can go outside in the sunshine all you want. We just need to forget about results day and enjoy the summer.

ReputationRep:
    to help myself revise in weather like this, when I'm getting too hot and distracted, I just get a huge glass, put about 5 ice cubes, and fill up to the top with coke (or whatever) and then I can sit down back to revising, taking sips

ReputationRep:
    Must admt, im beginning to slack it off a bit. sun isnt a factor though, despise the sun, just tired and demotivated.

ReputationRep:
    Well for AS levels its not much better. I could barely motivate myself at all, yet for GCSE's I did 7 hours a day. Maybe you'll be lucky and actually be really motivated next year.

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.