Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    Obviously its wrong.

Do you mean something more specific like Euthanasia, Abortion or killing in warfare?

Or do you mean the death penalty? Which I think is always wrong and would never want reintroduced here.

ReputationRep:
    Killing anything is wrong, lest of all a human being.

ReputationRep:
    I simply want to know if people think it's wrong to kill a human being, simple!

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyukguy)
    I simply want to know if people think it's wrong to kill a human being, simple!

Andrew
    Come on, you must have something other issue up your sleeve!

Why bother asking a question like that?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesante. Well if you think about it, humans are just animals. It's Ok to kill an animal. Infact its ok to eat an animal. Im not going anywhere with this LOL.

I conclude by saying. Plz dnt kill me (or any other human)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Come on, you must have something other issue up your sleeve!

Why bother asking a question like that?
    No no, I'm just trying to make up my own mind here.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, as long as they're short. People under 5'6 don't have rights, you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferret_messiah)
    It's okay, as long as they're short. People under 5'6 don't have rights, you see.
    I don't mind some topics going OT, but can we keep this one serious and OT. Yes or No?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    ?

Andrew
    Come on then, spill the beans...

Who's the lucky little black gay liberal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    Come on then, spill the beans...

Who's the lucky little black gay liberal?
    I must have missed it somehow, but what was your answer to the question again?

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    No no, I'm just trying to make up my own mind here.

Andrew
    ok cool! but its not really a simple question is it?

I mean I agree with euthanasia, is that 'killing'?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind some topics going OT, but can we keep this one serious and OT. Yes or No?

Andrew
    No it's not 'wrong' to kill people - for me there are no ultimate moral rights and wrongs, nature is 'the daddy'.

That's not to say that a shared moral culture doesn't make for easier social exchange. Just that if anyone does piss us off it's OK to kill 'em.

ReputationRep:
    I must have missed it somehow, but what was your answer to the question again?

Andrew
    No to someone like yourself who just needs to vent a little frustration. However, if killing is being done by the authorities in order to balance out justice, then i'm all for it.

To ask "is killing wrong?" cannot be answered with a "yes" or "no", the different types of killing will get completely different responses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    No to someone like yourself who just needs to vent a little frustration. However, if killing is being done by the authorities in order to balance out justice, then i'm all for it.

To ask "is killing wrong?" cannot be answered with a "yes" or "no", the different types of killing will get completely different responses.
    Killing is killing, since you advocate some forms of it your answer has to be no.

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    yes its ok, but with a BUT.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is wrong.

But sometimes it's the only option.

The question is a downright moronic one. Obviously it depends on a range of circumstances... you can't simplify it like that.

Do you mean, is it EVER right, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    The question is a downright moronic one. Obviously it depends on a range of circumstances... you can't simplify it like that.

Do you mean, is it EVER right, maybe?
    If you don't understand the question don't take part in the thread.

It's really really simple. If you think killing someone is ok, justified, good (use whatever word you want) then the answer is "no". Just because it might depend on who that person is doesn't change your overall answer, a humans a human apparently.

Andrew

If you don't understand the question don't take part in the thread.
    If you make unreasonable questions that no-one will understand, don't post threads.

Or maybe I could kill you, because what's right in wartime (by your logic, if the answer is "no"), is right for you just the same. What may be right for terrorists, by your logic, is right for you as well: "a human's a human". Yet if we answer "yes", then killing is never right? There is no blanket answer, and for that reason the question is not just a pointless one, but an absurd one.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.