Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    29.19: You are in the overweight range.

F*ck off. That's saying I'm practically obese but I'd have a 6-pack if I lost 3/4 pounds.

IMPORTANT: Please note that BMI is not as accurate if you are an athlete or very muscled (muscle weighs more than fat). Behold my b*tchin' muscles.

[edit] just did it again for 6'2", 15st which is pretty much my optimal weight, and it comes in at BMI 27 (overweight). Blatant lies from the BMI website :mad:

[edit again] what the hell? to be in the "right" category I'd have to be under 14 st! I'd look like a lampost! If I turned sideways I'd be invisible. Is anyone else getting that this BBC website is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    i agree, their estimates are too high. I've donemy BMI on the internet before, and with the same measurements, i was quite a bit lower :mad:

ReputationRep:
    21.87 - It's been increasing in the last year from 20.25 to that number.

I ought to take up swimming again.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, mines changed now :p:

Lol winter fat :/ It's prolly around 19. Funnily enough my BF says I look way healthier than I did in summer (when my BMI was around 18), weird :confused:

Oh well

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Well, 19 is closer to a 'healthy' BMI, so that could be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yeah apparently i have lost a stone(well i didn;t realise i did), i used to way 9 1/2 stone and i now way 8 1/2, and im a tall guy, about inch away from 6ft. I need to work on my upper body strength to get more muscle. Its odd though because recently i have begun loosing my appetite, maybe its because of all the exam stress and work. Oh well.
    6ft and 8 1/2 stone?? my partner is 6'2 and weights 13stone and even then he could do with a bit more meat on him!

ReputationRep:
    Gone from 26 to 24.52 in a couple of months, so not to bad, could do with going down a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinktank)
    Just found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_...al_index.shtml

Apparently im 31.7, but I dont think its right (I am a rugby player).

Whats yours??
    All the England rugby players according to their BMI are overweight(despite them being really fit.) BMI is not reliable for athletes because it does not take into account the difference between fat and muscle(ie muscle being heavier.)

ReputationRep:
    exactly BMI is ridiculous its just a general way to see if your healthy but it doesn't take ito account bone density or muscle..i'm usually higher than i should be cos i'm muscular and went in2 john lewis and this woman was telling me i needed 2 lose weight and do more excercise (after doin my bmi) i was like pssssh no i do not i am constatnyl excercising and then she realised we were in the wrong mode 4 an athlete..turns out i', ok in athletic mode..they've got this thing apparently it send electric currents through ut body and it can work out whether its travelling through muscle or water or fat..apparently i'm dehydrated aswell:P

ReputationRep:
    BMI is the stupidest method of checking for health. dont worry about it. a better way is getting your body fat % checked out.

ReputationRep:
    21.99, so fairly healthy!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    18 but I'dlike to be lower, about 17 would do me fine

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to be lower too

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22.5

ReputationRep:
    16.62 Your weight is in the range that is classified as underweight

woopee

ReputationRep:
    21.63 - That's in the very centre of the ideal BMI?

Everyone thinks I'm skinny!

ReputationRep:
    19.83, so I'm in the 'healthy' range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinktank)
    Just found this http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_...al_index.shtml

Apparently im 31.7, but I dont think its right (I am a rugby player).

Whats yours??
    18.37, but I don't know what that means... (I had to work it out manually, cause I have no idea about Imperial meassurements) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    18.47 which means im underweight

I dont look underweight though, hmmmm

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.