Turn on thread page Beta

Switching Mobile Phone Companies (again!) watch

ReputationRep:
    A year ago, I switched from T-Mobile to Orange PAYG and put a text saver pack on it allowing me to have 5 free texts a day for a year.

I haven't been able to re-introduce my text saver because Orange stopped doing them and I am now topping on my phone with nearly £20 per month (which is loads for me!)

I text loads mainly to my best friend, my mum (if I am staying on in work) but don't make calls that often. I am considering switching to Tesco mobile http://www.tescomobile.com/sim_only.aspx?pc=22&us=1&h=1 because I have a clubcard which I use on a regulary basis and it would only cost 5p per text if I put my best friend and my mum on their 3 favourite no. option.

I am thinking the clubcard points would be useful because of shopping at uni.

But is there any better offers out there? I can always top up at Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds alright I suppose. More money to Tesco though, a company with its dirty little fingers in every dirty little pie.

I'm a big O2 fan in general and just pretty happy with genies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Sounds alright I suppose. More money to Tesco though, a company with its dirty little fingers in every dirty little pie.

I'm a big O2 fan in general and just pretty happy with genies.
    they are part of O2.

Didn't 02 at one point do a thing where you have so many texts free per month as long as you top up your phone? I am sure someone on here mentioned you didn't need to top up every month.

ReputationRep:
    get an o2 online sim. You top up £10 a month, and you get 300 free texts! you can use the £10 you put on for calls aswell

ReputationRep:
    Is it true though about the not having to top up every single month?

ReputationRep:
    need to top up £10 a month.

But £10 a month for what you get is a damn good deal.

Personally i'm on a contract with vodafone though so aren't to au fait with the payg options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    need to top up £10 a month.

But £10 a month for what you get is a damn good deal.

Personally i'm on a contract with vodafone though so aren't to au fait with the payg options.
    no u dont need to top up £10 a month, if u dont u just dont get the texts for than month but u can start it again the next month

Look at fresh from the carphone warehouse they are pretty cheap

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.