Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by trixx)
    That would just be suicide. No way, man.
    *cough* pussy *cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    There was an article in the paper about it a couple of days ago - talking about how rides are now almost getting too fast for the body to cope. Like the little boy who died at Walt Disney World riding the spinning cups
    the spinning cups??

i think you mean mission space. Which is a simulator that re-enacts a shuttle take off. It is very powerful and has high g forces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    the spinning cups??

i think you mean mission space. Which is a simulator that re-enacts a shuttle take off. It is very powerful and has high g forces.
    oh, okay. still sad though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    oh, okay. still sad though
    indeed, it also has 7 warning signs before getting on the ride, which is rather bad :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    indeed, it also has 7 warning signs before getting on the ride, which is rather bad :eek:
    then why did they let a four year old on? :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    No ******* way!

Andrew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Really? :eek:
    Do you have to sign something saying that it's not their responsiblility if you die? As in bungee jumping? (I heard that you need to sign something like that before you bungee jump...?!?! :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    That's terrible. There should be a minimum age for that ride.

I hope Disney get sued to hell and back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)

yeh they should stop putting babies on that thing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Would you go on this rollercoaster?

356 feet tall, 128 mph.
    Noway man!
    I'm a pussy when it comes to rollercoasters! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Like **** I would. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If I was with some other people, then yeah, definitely. For macho reasons.

If I was on my own, and it was my choice whether to go or not...no chance mate.

ReputationRep:
    I'd Give It a Go because you always know it is actually safe or people would'nt be allowed on it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes... but probably not without those sleep shades on first.

ReputationRep:
    i voted yes but after hearing abuot the little boy who died, im never going on a ride again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)

They cannot have that happen to them. The fact the kid met the minimum requirements means that he was fine to go on the ride. Meaning that there is not actually anything disney could get sued for. They boy died at hospital.

Also, mission space does not have a contract that you need to sign before riding.
    But it is disney most dangerous ride yet. since it has opened, more than 11 people have needed to go to hospital 9 of them because they fainted, 1 had a heart attack, and the other 1 did (the boy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    i voted yes but after hearing abuot the little boy who died, im never going on a ride again!
    that was on mission space, which is a simulator. Kingda Ka is extremely safe.

ReputationRep:
    Makes me feel sick just looking at it!

ReputationRep:
    is that much much much higher than oblivion? i don't think i could deal with going upwards vertically. i just have this really bad habit called gravity.

ReputationRep:
    Lauren, you have a bad habit called gravity? I thought we all had to deal with that? :confused: :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.