Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with the uniform trousures. They are made from a horrible material which is 65% Polyester and 35% Bomull.

They are sooo baggy on me and I have had to wear them so a year and a half and now I am beginning to notice bald spots in the inner thigh area from where the material is rubbing againist each other and wearing away and through the regulary washing they go through. This is happening on both pairs.

I would ask for new uniform but it would take 3-4 months to arrive and I am leave before then so there is no point. I have to hand my uniform in when I quit and it will be inspected and it will be embrasing when they notice that I was wearing trousures with holes in them.

Cover up suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    have you got a cheap pair the same colour you can wear for the time being? you should really see a manager about it if they've only given you a couple of pairs and you've been there for so long! as for handing trousers with holes in at the end of your employment, they're hardly going to do anything if they couldn't be arsed to re-supply.

are you still working at the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am. I am really luckly though because most of the people who are starting now don't have proper uniform and they get nagged about it every single shift despite it not being their fault and there is me with 2 of everything.

I haven't got any similar ones as they are a werid style and colour (with boy zippers and buttons!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Yeah I am. I am really luckly though because most of the people who are starting now don't have proper uniform and they get nagged about it every single shift despite it not being their fault and there is me with 2 of everything.

I haven't got any similar ones as they are a werid style and colour (with boy zippers and buttons!)
    make a stand and don't wear trousers for your next shift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    make a stand and don't wear trousers for your next shift
    hahaha. The punishment for not wearing proper uniform when you have it is to be sent home.

I think the next time I am doing an open shift, I'll arrive early and raid the uniform cupboard and hunt for a pair but I am an sod as I am sooooo short. The managers never arrive until opening time when they really should be there to let us in and I can sneak them into my car beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    Its gotta be worth a try My sister had those awful type trousers when she worked in a supermarket, and because she only did part time work, they wouldn't order her any more in. In the end they broke and she ended up wearing normal trousers!

ReputationRep:
    If it's causing spots then the manager should allow you to wear something different, hes obliged to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    If it's causing spots then the manager should allow you to wear something different, hes obliged to do that.
    Excuse me but I have been spot free for a year!

My trousers are the only thing that has spots - bald ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Excuse me but I have been spot free for a year!

My trousers are the only thing that has spots - bald ones!
    lol ok

ReputationRep:
    My mum just had to put patches in the knee of my work trousers after I caught my foot in the front door and fell over! They replace them after two years though anyway, so I get more in two weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you "accidently" rip both pairs at work so you don't have to wear them anymore And then if they yell at you for not wearing them point out it's not your fault they take so long to order in new pairs.

Work uniforms sux. When I worked in a fast food resturant they gave me a size 16 shirt even though I was a size 6. It was so big you could see down my shirt. It was a large factor in me quitting after 2 shifts.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you work?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.