The Student Room Group

Earliest childhood memories?

When could you first start remembering things as a child? What are your earliest memories? Oddly inspired by my old text book which I now have a determination to sell :rolleyes: and BF saying he could remember what it was like when he was a feutus (yeah right :biggrin: Jst jks, maybe he could), I wanna know when you could first remember!

My first memory was when I was about 2, going up some stairs lol. I prolly thought, 'wow stairs' :rolleyes: :redface: :p:

DB_x

Scroll to see replies

It's weird but the first memory which I can be sure of was when I was 4. My 4th birthday cake in fact! =D I am sure I have memories from before that but I can't be certain that they were earlier if that makes sense.
Reply 2
Well i can remeber being dropped on my head as a baby....and that's about it, it all becomes a blur after that.
Reply 3
Seriously my earliest memory is being dropped off at my babysitter's place and crying a lot. weird. o and my first day at school.
Reply 4
Well i can remeber being dropped on my head as a baby....and that's about it, it all becomes a blur after that.
ROFL! Hm personally that might be being passed round and round among cooing relatives. Not. Fun.

:man-handling aversed:
my oldest memory is being thrown down stairs by my father.

my mother and father divorced soon after. He was a **** (pardon my french) and a bully to me and my mother.
Reply 6
mine was when i was about 3 playing with snow in my living room
Reply 7
Erm... going to nursery when I was about two and a half, and screaming blue murder because I was scared of father christmas.
Reply 8
I remember bursting into tears every single day whenever I reached my nursery school, just for the sake of it!

I have bits of (and generally vague) memory from my childhood until the age of 12, after which I really started to remember things. Yeah call me a late starter.
Reply 9
I have a very good memory of my childhood, luckily. :smile:

I can't really pinpoint my 'earliest memory' exactly, as I have a few that (I think) all date from around the same time, from when I was three. One involved me sitting on a black and white rocking horse at playgroup, crying because my Mum had gone after dropping me off.
Reply 10
Either being in Scotland when I was 1 or 2, or at this weird clown show thing. I can't remember which came first, although to my credit, I think it's impressive enough that I can remember either of them at all.
Reply 11
Sitting on the sofa when I was about 18 months old and eating crisps, and then my mum taking them away from me and eating them herself.

Though she swears that's a false memory. ^_^

I remember lots of stuff from 3 years onwards, pretty typical really.
Reply 12
i remember sitting on my poo.. and i said to myself, omg is this how dumb i am?
Reply 13
Christmas when i was about 4.
Reply 14
Falling out of bed when I was about 2... apparently I cried all night. :rolleyes: :cool:
Reply 15
Raindance
Falling out of bed when I was about 2... apparently I cried all night. :rolleyes: :cool:

I always used to fall out of bed, i still had those little side bars when i was 5, i always fell out of bed :confused: oh and raindance you're left handed too :biggrin: but apparently we're going to live 9 years less than people who are right handed http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t123441.html
Reply 16
Markus505
I always used to fall out of bed, i still had those little side bars when i was 5, i always fell out of bed :confused: oh and raindance you're left handed too :biggrin: but apparently we're going to live 9 years less than people who are right handed http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t123441.html

Ughh, yay. That's brightened up my day. :frown:

:bawling:
Reply 17
Raindance
Ughh, yay. That's brightened up my day. :frown:

:bawling:

Oh well look on the brightside. It just means 9 years less in the old folks home :smile:
Reply 18
i remember falling in a pond at center parks
Reply 19
My earliest memory which I can be sure of was when I was 4. The biggish storm. I was at my aunt's house when that happened. My parents had gone to Canada for a few days. I was crying a loy and asking for my parents. Plus, there was a hige tree which fell in the garden. Needless to say, I think that my mum felt a bit guilty.

Latest

Trending

Trending