The Student Room Group

People taking C3 this Summer

From reading some posts in this forum I get the impression that most of the people doing C3 this year are lower 6th who take further maths.
I was wondering if there are many people who are just taking regular A2 math who are doing C3? Last year our college did the modules M1, S1, P1, however when the new syllabus was announced we were switched onto the Cores for this year (C1, C2, C3, C4), is anyone else doing the same as this?

EDIT: Reason for asking is I'm kinda worried as to whether if all the clever further maths guys are doing it, that it might lead to our UMS marks being lowered
Reply 1
Yeah I'm in the same position as you- It's so stressful, I had to do C1, C2 and I'm doing C3 and C4 this summer... Theres not enough hours in the day for revision lol!
Reply 2
Hi there, our college also did P1 S1 and M1 at AS. We then changed to the new course and did C1 and C2 in January, therefore we got C3 and C4 to do now. I also do further maths at AS level (as i started it in the 2nd year of sixth form) and for that im doing a unit called FP1. So i dont think that any further mathematicians will be doing C3 so no need to worry.
Reply 3
I think most people who did the old syllabuses are still taking P modules this summer, and only a minority are switching to C's. So most people I think are f/maths people so it will be more competitive this year.
Reply 4
in same position as u...
Reply 5
ah well, I guess all we can do is revise and hope for the best :smile:, any paper with minimal functions (especially excluding modulus), and not much of that cos(A+B) proof stuff, would be nice imo :smile:.
Also hoping for none of that proof by contradiction/by example etc type questions :smile:
Reply 6
Do people who take further maths in the lower 6 do C4 aswell? Or just C3?
Reply 7
C4>O7
I think most people who did the old syllabuses are still taking P modules this summer, and only a minority are switching to C's. So most people I think are f/maths people so it will be more competitive this year.

Hm I thought most people switched to C modules? :eek:
Reply 8

Hm I thought most people switched to C modules?

all my friends who do maths at varios other college are still doing the P1,2,3 syllabus :O
Reply 9
Ah skeen. I know quite a few friends (who are in big schools) all changed to C.. =s
Reply 10
I do further maths in lower 6th and do C3 C4 and M1.
Reply 11
violet

Depends. I am doing both and am in the lower 6th. Widowmaker is in the lower sixth and doing C3 only (but more applied modules).
violet

I think most do both. im doin c1-c4 s1 s2 m1 m2 dis yr for maths n further
Reply 13
Featherflare
I think most do both. im doin c1-c4 s1 s2 m1 m2 dis yr for maths n further

Why are you doing 8 mods?? I thought that you only needed 6 for and Alevel in maths? :confused:
fabz
Why are you doing 8 mods?? I thought that you only needed 6 for and Alevel in maths? :confused:

We just happend to finish all the books in time and the teachers decided we were ready for all of them (did c1 n c2 in jan btw) so they entered us. It just means less modules to do next yr
Reply 15
Wow that's so good (but a lot of work I bet!) I wish I'd had the chance to do that!

Latest