Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    i just think being attracted to someone who talks to you in a n arrohgant manner because he might be sweet is silly and of course if i go out with a randomer as you so cal them i tekll someone where im going who im with yada yada yada im 18 not 5
    i just prefer a chase. Obviously sweet guys get annoying really easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren18)
    You should just be glad that people are attracted to different character traits; that's how the world evolves for goodness' sake!
    hoiw ius arrogence a good character trait though i mean explain that to me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    i just prefer a chase. Obviously sweet guys get annoying really easily
    well i like to chase too but only if a guy will treat me properly and be hoest not pretend they're something they're not like the thread starter

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

It's really common for men to put on an arrogant front (insecurity thing) and be quite sweet underneath. That is attractive. To label guys like that 'arrogant tossers' is you being really shallow.

It's obvious the thread starter really likes the girl, it's not as if he is going to treat her rubbishly, so I see no harm in that.

ReputationRep:
    Ciara...

Yeah but when you flirt you are not really showing your true feelings, so when you meet up you still in effect do not know the person.

Flirtation and mind games are annoying, if you like the person just go for it, no need to hide behind all the bulls***.

ReputationRep:
    then why pretend hes something hes not and why is labeling arrogant boys arrogant shallow? its a statement of fact!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJ No.18)
    Ciara...

Yeah but when you flirt you are not really showing your true feelings, so when you meet up you still in effect do not know the person.

Flirtation and mind games are annoying, if you like the person just go for it, no need to hide behind all the bulls***.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    then why pretend hes something hes not and why is labeling arrogant boys arrogant shallow? its a statement of fact!
    they aren't ACTUALLY arrogant, so it's not a fact at all, rather an assumption from not getting to know them a bit. you actually don't seem to understand so i'm gonna give up now.

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJ No.18)
    Ciara...

I personally find flirtation fun, as you are semi showing your feelings but still teasing each other. I don't like to get too full on too soon. On the other hand, flirting isn't all that has to happen before any meeting. If i can't have a good conversation with someone then he's out - intelligence is a big attractive quality for me.

Sorry but I really don't see the necessity of such a serious approach to a relationship that hasn't even started yet. Flirting was how my boyfriend and I initially got closer together, and I am now completely smitten - we've been together 6 months today! Our relationship isn't based on the initial mind games, they were just harmless fun, it's based on mutual love which developed after that.

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's really an arrogant way of flirting, it may sound it a bit, but generally flirting like that does seem like a bit of fun and pretty suggestive that the guy likes her/wants to go out. I think there's a limit on when it does become a bit arrogant.

I don't think arrogance is a good character aspect though in the context of the thread starter, it seems fine imo because it's not ott or anything. When I flirted or was suggestive with the girl I liked I felt I was a bit arrogant in my approach maybe, but I felt it was harmless fun - you can't go too serious and full on when trying to start a relationship. From experience being too direct is definitely a turn off - it's like wanting something too soon.

Playing it cool, friendly and showing who you in a natural way is a good way to go.

ReputationRep:
    how is arrogence a good character trait though i mean explain that to me please
    I never said arrogance is a good character trait; but some girls do find it attractive.

And girls that do are perfectly entitled to do so without being labelled 'shallow', in the same way that you wouldn't like to be called shallow based on what makes a guy attractive to you.

In any case, even if it is 'shallow' - who cares? What attracts you to someone is beyond control; and no one should have to fit to your moral standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    i agree that its a good idea

Im really attracted to arrogant guys.. and its the best thing when an arrogant guy says something kinda cute.. the girl feel like she's winning the challenge!
    I like confident guys I know that much.

I remember I was really attracted to my ex for his mind and intelligence - just the way he thinks - and yeh I think the slight arrogance about him made him more intriguing heh he's probably reading this and smiling to himself.

I dunno - I don't like arrogance - but I definitely like confidence. Intelligent, confident but sweet and caring and Christian - you can't get a better combination - for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    OMFG.... you are being completely out of order here (& quite ironic), arrogance does not imply shallowness, and niether does shallowness imply arrogance. While aggorance is not a particularly nice trait is doesn't automatically write someone off, for example I could point out you're a rather judgemental person, which in fact is very close to arrogance if you think about it, does that make you shallow? ....
    ok 1) that makes no sense what so ever and
    2) i did not say that arrogant people are shallow i said that the liking of someone because they enjoying feeling like theyre winning is shallow :rolleyes: READ THE POSTS!
    3) the quote yuor revering to is when i said i didnt like arrogant tossers how is that shalow please explain that to me?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, threads like these are funny :p: :p:

Lol they make me laugh

:eek: Actually I was supposed to be checking the hair thread *gets out of this one, despite its amusingness!*

ReputationRep:
    what about girls? Do you think girls putting on an arrogant front just like guys do is attractive? Whats the best way for girls to appear/flirt?

just lookin at the gender differences

ReputationRep:
    Oops. I had no sleep for 3 days when I posted that... comment deleted. Although you are still being quite judgemental trig, not too much so that I have to rant tho . Apolagises for the misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    One way it will show tht yuu aint arrogant and tht you Pretend to be arrogant, and tht gurl will see through it if she's a good observer

other thing, you will make her happy by saying tht and i guess she will ignore her observing skills for this one time for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    Oops. I had no sleep for 3 days when I posted that... comment deleted. Although you are still being quite judgemental trig, not too much so that I have to rant tho . Apolagises for the misunderstanding.
    no prob

ReputationRep:
    i HATE arrogent blokes....

a huge turn off......whats wrong with the nice guys....they are always the bst in the end...

ReputationRep:
    hmm im not to sure, i wouldnt send something like that, it sounds more like u wanna be a mate and then u could go down the m8 path... but hey each to there own

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.