Turn on thread page Beta

How would a girl react... watch

ReputationRep:
    Pics

ReputationRep:
    I don't find arrogance at all attractive. I can live with feined arrogance, as a bit of a running joke, but I prefer to know that the guy I like is insecure underneath. Just human, like the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishrose)
    I don't find arrogance at all attractive. I can live with feined arrogance, as a bit of a running joke, but I prefer to know that the guy I like is insecure underneath. Just human, like the rest of us.
    Sure, but you know that anyway. - All mature people are insecure to an extent. There's always going to be things that we're insecure/ uncomfortable with. - You know anyone who watched the matrix but wansn't incecure at least to begin with? - Try checking for a pulse.

Lots of apparent arrogance just indicates a low LEVEL of insecurity, not its complete absence.

best wishes

ReputationRep:
    arrogance isnt the same as confidence. to believe that ur better than u really are isnt a good thing. i hope i never have an ounce of arrogance and if i have any i get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    I find arrogant girls such a turn-on! Absolutely. It's exciting and fun to be with someone who radiates confidence; and so what if they have an inflated sense of self-worth? I probably do too. Like someone else said here earlier, you feel like you have achieved something with these girls. They tend to be better looking as well, and if anyone here says, 'Oh. I don't really care about looks... it's all about personality for me!' then good for you. But I, as part of the other 95% of the population, do care about looks. It's natural, and to those who say that that is shallow: Stop being so judgmental. Why is personality deemed so much 'deeper' than looks? Because looks are ephemeral? At this age, we are hardly looking for life-partners so that's totally irrelevant - of course looks are going to be a major factor in choosing one's partner, it's down to natural selection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
    I find arrogant girls such a turn-on! Absolutely. It's exciting and fun to be with someone who radiates confidence; and so what if they have an inflated sense of self-worth? I probably do too. Like someone else said here earlier, you feel like you have achieved something with these girls. They tend to be better looking as well, and if anyone here says, 'Oh. I don't really care about looks... it's all about personality for me!' then good for you. But I, as part of the other 95% of the population, do care about looks. It's natural, and to those who say that that is shallow: Stop being so judgmental. Why is personality deemed so much 'deeper' than looks? Because looks are ephemeral? At this age, we are hardly looking for life-partners so that's totally irrelevant - of course looks are going to be a major factor in choosing one's partner, it's down to natural selection.
    i was going o comment on the irony of your post then i thought nah lifes to short to point out everyones faults

ReputationRep:
    As a guy -> I don't find arrogant girls remotely attractive, infact it has the opposite effect
    tbh actually I agree with everything 'trigger' has been saying all throughout this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    i was going o comment on the irony of your post then i thought nah lifes to short to point out everyones faults
    I was going to comment on how crap your grammar is but then I thought, nah lifes to short to point out everyones faults (SIC).

Please, do enlighten me - I am interested as to what it is in my post you think is ironic or wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with/ironic about Clarkey Berlin's view, in fact he makes *several* good points.

If people are willing to label anyone whose criteria in a partner differs from their own 'shallow', then surely it is them that's arrogant, arrogant in their own beliefs.

That my friend, is ironic :p: .

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    I don't see anything wrong with/ironic about Clarkey Berlin's view, in fact he makes *several* good points.

If people are willing to label anyone whose criteria in a partner differs from their own 'shallow', then surely it is them that's arrogant, arrogant in their own beliefs.

That my friend, is ironic :p: .

Cxx

*applauds loudly*

I'm glad to see that us future Bristolians stick together!

Btw, which hall are you applying to?

ReputationRep:

*applauds loudly*

I'm glad to see that us future Bristolians stick together!

Btw, which hall are you applying to?
    To save going completely off topic, I've PM'd you!

Cxx

ReputationRep:
    If shes got a fella, leave her alone. There is no excuse for cheating on someone, and you will be just as bad as her. Do not do it.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to comment on how crap your grammar is but then I thought, nah lifes to short to point out everyones faults (SIC).

Please, do enlighten me - I am interested as to what it is in my post you think is ironic or wrong.
    ironic was prob the wrong word to use though i just thought it was funny that your post and ideas were arrogant and you attitude to girls is arrogant. Im so sorry you seemed to worry about my post enough to PM me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Arrogant guys are JERKS who seem to have no respect for women whatsoever... the ones that I've met, anyway. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    :s: i was going to reply, but I just finished writing my reply and then decided to just delete it... don't want to get caught up in an argument...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    ironic was prob the wrong word to use though i just thought it was funny that your post and ideas were arrogant and you attitude to girls is arrogant. Im so sorry you seemed to worry about my post enough to PM me :rolleyes:
    Yes; you're right - ironic was the wrong word to use. And of course I accept your belated apology, however childish and insincere.

I'm pleased that you were able to reply semi-intelligibly to my post, but could you now please answer the question posed in it? In case you forgot, that's 'What is it in my post that you deem arrogant?' Please don't just reiterate that it is arrogant - explain why (if you can ). In my post, I state that I personally find arrogant girls attractive - although I understand that some people don't; good for them, I believe I said. I fail to see what's arrogant about that, but I'd love for you to enlighten me!

A good example of arrogance is when people are dismissive of other people's views simply because they don't tally with their own 'more important' beliefs. I'm searching frantically for a good example of this -perhaps I'll start by looking at your post? Anyhow, please do reply as I'm actually interested in hearing what you think. Adarah (if you're still here!), please do have your say - it'd be interesting, and, unlike some people, I believe that everyone is entitled to an opinion!

Trigger: I've no interest in getting into some childish slanging-match, so, if you have nothing interesting/intelligent to say regarding this, simply don't reply and I'll take it that you realised that you were wrong. Thanks!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.