Turn on thread page Beta

Help!!! Response Needed watch

ReputationRep:
    I am a student of Information Technology & Management Course. Currently conducting a random survey on how much do we know about Malaysia. Any input is greatly appreciated.

What do we know about Malaysia? (anything)

What do we know about Malaysian people? (anything)

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm malaysian..going there for 3 weeks this saturday..and i kno a few malaysians

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to both sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchiBoi)
    Nothing to both sorry
    whats the point replying then!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: O.k. It may not sound fair requesting your guys to reply. As I told earlier, I'm doing my research - so one of the input require how your guys think of Malaysia & her peoples. It doesn't matter; be if +ve or -ve. I need a natural opinion here. You don't have to disclose your biodata.

Very sorry that those who wanted to assist (by replying me on the topic) will not be rewarded in cash (compare to online comm. survey). Within my capacity, I can contribute more to the tsr forum from now on and (some kind of inducement) I will be glad to give +ve point to those assisting me.

I humbly pledge for assistance here. May god bless those kind-hearted.

Thank you. :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    PHP Code:
    ArchiBoi      Nothing to both sorry
    watford 110   whats the point replying then

Thanks to both of you. ArchiBoi - at least you showed you are courteous. watford110 - for making thing straight here.

ReputationRep:
    - Cheap food- the chinese food is so cheap that you could buy 4 breakfast meals for the price of one in england.
    - Good counterfeit games.
    - Cheap 5 star hotels
    - Friggin hot
    - The school system is prejudice.
    - Cheap houses: basically all houses have a front large gate.

ReputationRep:
    I am a student of Information Technology & Management Course. Currently conducting a random survey on how much do we know about Malaysia. Any input is greatly appreciated.

What do we know about Malaysia? south east asia, democratic... hot climate.... exquisite natural beauty
    What do we know about Malaysian people? large muslim population... ive only met one before, she was very pretty... they speak malay

Thank you.

no no thank you

ReputationRep:
    The school system is unfair as they favour muslim people, therefore if you're not muslim you're going to find it really hard to get into uni

ReputationRep:
    PHP Code:
    Cheap foodthe chinese food is so cheap that you could buy 4 breakfast meals for the price of one in england.
    Good counterfeit games.
    Cheap 5 star hotels
    Friggin hot
    The school system is prejudice.
    Cheap housesbasically all houses have a front large gate
    Gordon2002, Thanks - I have add +ve reputation to you for being cooperative

ReputationRep:
    PHP Code:
    What do we know about Malaysiasouth east asiademocratic... hot climate.... exquisite natural beauty
    What 
    do we know about Malaysian peoplelarge muslim population... ive only met one beforeshe was very pretty... they speak malay 
    Thanks, Petrus - unfortunately I can't give anymore reputation today. I shall add +ve reputation to you, once my 24-hrs limitation lapse. Remind me on this.

ReputationRep:
    Cough cough rep

ReputationRep:
    Original Quoted: ArchiBoi: Cough cough rep
    Wanna say something? Even if you say you don't know anything about Malaysia & her peoples (sincerely) also value...

ReputationRep:
    What do we know about Malaysia? south east asia, democratic... hot climate.... exquisite natural beauty
    What do we know about Malaysian people? large muslim population... ive only met one before, she was very pretty... they speak malay
    Petrus, as I had promised earlier, go and check your reputation point. Thanks, man.

ReputationRep:
    im malaysian and malay and muslim. the tertiary education system favours the bumiputeras or in english the people of the land, that is the malays and the indigenious people. you dont necessarily have to be muslim to fall into this category although most of the time bumiputeras are muslim. some are christian like my friend junior, he's catholic.

it is provided for in the country's federal constitution that a certain percentage of places in public universities and a certain percentage of government scholarships are reserved for bumiputeras. at the same time there is a percentage for land and house ownership.

without going into whether this is fair or not (the situation is more complex than most people perceive it), this policy was introduced because at the time of independence from the british the bumiputeras were very behind in education and business. thus the government, with the consent of the british and the consent of the other ethnic groups, added this policy. does by no means does not mean the other ethnic groups are not protected. the constitution provides for their protection as well.

the root of the problem lies in the fact that when the british ruled malaya (as it was called before) they purposely segregated the different racial groups and discouraged interaction. as a result some groups managed to progress faster than others.

the population is only 60% muslim.

singapore also has a quota for the number of non-chinese who have places in university. for example it is practically impossible for a malay to get into their medicine faculty despite getting better grades than a chinese applicant.

ReputationRep:
    Off the top of my head, the capital's Kuala Lumpur...Nasi Goren originates from there..Petronas Towers...

Hah, one of my best friends is Malaysian, and I don't know jack about the country.

ReputationRep:
    Capital is KL; includes part of Borneo; large ethnic-Chinese population; drivers are crazy hence everyone drives Volvos; food is brilliant and cosmopolitan; might benefit from some of Singapore's anti-litter legislation; monorail is v. impressive; still large parts of country with very poor infrastructure but others which make most of Europe look stone age; stable government if not always stable governments.

Downside - very humid - but stunning thunderstorms; lots of snakes [girly shudder]; difficult to find clothes if you are not size 3;did I mention the driving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmanggah)

What do we know about Malaysia? (anything)

What do we know about Malaysian people? (anything)

Thank you.
    A) I know that Malaysia ia a Newly Industrialising Country, with increased wealth being spread about its population as overseas investment and jobs grow in the country. The wealth in Malaysia is spread more evenly than in some other Asian countries, making for a higher standard of living among many people. I know that is classed as an emerging tiger in the economic and geographical senses. I know the capital of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur. Thats about it.

B) I don't know much about the Malaysian people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    Off the top of my head, the capital's Kuala Lumpur...Nasi Goren originates from there..Petronas Towers...

Hah, one of my best friends is Malaysian, and I don't know jack about the country.
    Hi! Mr. Fox, Malaysian is a Commonwealth Country. Most of the system is formerly adopted from th British, like the Democratic Monarchy etc. I think Malaysia & British has some similarity in few areas.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DenverDiva)
    Capital is KL; includes part of Borneo; ...
    Thanks guys. I shall repay your kindness in one day. I think David Courthard also scare to race with some of our crazy drivers on public road.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.