Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Northumbrian)
    There was a supposedly Mi5 document saying those things, but it was proven fake. Ex mi5 agents testify that that is a common weapon of discrediting people.
    I saw the programme too, Northumbrian. Those that did not might be confused with the way you explained the above situation.

If I can clarify - MI5 'carelessly' allow their faked documents to be found. When the person who has found them publicises the documents, MI5 respond by saying they are fakes. This results in the discrediting of the document - even though the content might actually be correct, the actual document is faked deliberately.

ReputationRep:
    So,if a document is a fake,it was deliberately done to hide the fact that what it said is true. On the other hand, if a document isn't faked there's no point bothering with it because it obviously won't contain any truth in the first place.
    I see. Thank you.

(Original post by Weejimmie)
    So,if a document is a fake,it was deliberately done to hide the fact that what it said is true. On the other hand, if a document isn't faked there's no point bothering with it because it obviously won't contain any truth in the first place.
    Isee. Thank you.
    It's called 'pre-emption'

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you can believe in transubstantiation I suppose you can swallow this too.

ReputationRep:
    conspiracy theories... makes the world go round

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you can believe in transubstantiation I suppose you can swallow this too.
    Believing in a "Real Presence" (and transubstation is just one approach) is pretty critical to the Eucharist. Without that it becomes an empty ceremony; about as significant as piping in the haggis on Burns night.

ReputationRep:
    sonds like a conspiracy.....

ReputationRep:
    Could you imagine what consequences could have arised if the future king of englands step-dad was a muslim???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    Could you imagine what consequences could have arised if the future king of englands step-dad was a muslim???
    No, I can't actually. What consequences would have arised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    No, I can't actually. What consequences would have arised?
    Well i was told that was the main reason for her being murdered (if she was), that the royal family did not want a muslim coming anywhere near to the family (take that meaning how you wish). It was on the documentary about the whole thing a year back or so......

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else see the programme. Because, as has been pointed out,. I have explained it badly and have probably forgotten important bits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Did anyone else see the programme. Because, as has been pointed out,. I have explained it badly and have probably forgotten important bits!
    Oh yeh she was definitely murdered, im pretty convinced! But if i had to choose either dianna or the royal family i would choose the royal family.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite Richard & Judy guest was the expert on the Arc of the Covenant. He gave quite an interesting discussion explaining scientific theories that could explain what it was. Then in the last 15 seconds Judy asked him where he thought it currently was now: "I believe it is hidden deep within the secret catacombs of [A Scottish church] built by Jesus's disciples in the first century, along with the Holy Grail; both guarded by five intergalactic demons from hell, who -" At which point, R&J both cut in, to say goodbye to the audience - embarrassment all round. I burst out laughing.

Just because it was on their show doesn't mean it was supported by them, or anyone else but a few fringe loonies.

ReputationRep:
    Well i was told that was the main reason for her being murdered (if she was), that the royal family did not want a muslim coming anywhere near to the family (take that meaning how you wish). It was on the documentary about the whole thing a year back or so......
    Don't see why the royal family should be bothered about muslims. Prince charles seems to be friendly with quite a few muslims himself, and quite how muslim the Al-Fayeds actually are is another matter.

ReputationRep:
    Well I hate to sound heartless, but why does everyone care so much? Not that it isn't incredibly sad that she- and the other occupants of the car should die in such a way but... I always thought the Diana obsession was a little unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see why the royal family should be bothered about muslims. Prince charles seems to be friendly with quite a few muslims himself, and quite how muslim the Al-Fayeds actually are is another matter.
    National Security i presume

(Original post by JonD)

Just because it was on their show doesn't mean it was supported by them, or anyone else but a few fringe loonies.
    And it also doesn't mean that it is not supported by them or everybody else but for a few 'fringe loonies'.

Time will tell, hopefully as it did in the case of Henry II's request for the murder of Thomas 'a' Becket!

(Original post by ayaan)
    I always thought the Diana obsession was a little unhealthy.
    As was the obsession that the Queen Mother was the countrys' favourite grandmother!

Try telling that to all our grandmothers - damn cheek imo. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Well I hate to sound heartless, but why does everyone care so much? Not that it isn't incredibly sad that she- and the other occupants of the car should die in such a way but... I always thought the Diana obsession was a little unhealthy.
    Only a little?

ReputationRep:
    National Security i presume
    ?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.