Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just because it was on their show doesn't mean it was supported by them, or anyone else but a few fringe loonies.
    The British police? ex mi5 agents? Not fringe loonies. And Richard and Judy seemed pretty convinced themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    The British police? ex mi5 agents? Not fringe loonies. And Richard and Judy seemed pretty convinced themselves.
    You're amalgamating things again.. your usual little trick.

Are you honestly saying that the British police, "ex-MI5 agents" and Richard and Judy all suspect she was assassinated (presumably by the Royals) ?

(Original post by JonD)
    You're amalgamating things again.. your usual little trick.

Are you honestly saying that the British police, "ex-MI5 agents" and Richard and Judy all suspect she was assassinated (presumably by the Royals) ?
    That is what the programme was 'honestly saying' - although they stopped at pointing the finger at the royal family, but did suggest there might be an involvement.

Did you see the programme?

ReputationRep:
    at the end of the day, the queen could have chopped diana's head off at her jubilee and would have gotten away with it.we all know diana was killed because she made the rest of them look terrible. it was all set up.there are too many suspicious factors for it to be a big coincidence.even if a few are made up, what about the other 10, or however many there are.she even predicted it would happen, in a similar way- and that is a fact.rest in peace diana, you were the only royal i ever had any respect for- despite the fact that you were media- obsessed and had very bad taste in men.charles?urgh urgh urgh.why are the royal family so darn ugly?
    except maybe..... no zaras not great either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    That is what the programme was 'honestly saying' - although they stopped at pointing the finger at the royal family, but did suggest there might be an involvement.
    The programme or the guest?

Well, I think I'm safe in assuming that it's all a bit of fiction made to sell books and make afternoon lounge shows more entertaining. If this really was "disturbing new evidence in the Diana case" (It's not really an accurate title, since the official cases are closed), it would have been reported by the press by now. Not even the Guardian says it's any more than a matter of the British, French and independent investigations and their forensic evidence versus Al Fayad, hearsay and likely-coincidental, circumstantial evidence. If the former is false, then it would have to mean the very heart of two national police services - trusted by more than a hundred million - are corrupt to the core, which doesn't show through anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Did our press report that the fiat driver was found burned alive?

ReputationRep:
    If the former is false, then it would have to mean the very heart of two national police services - trusted by more than a hundred million - are corrupt to the core, which doesn't show through anywhere else.
    Who said they were trusted that much? France has the most racist police in Europe and recent documentaies haven't made our force look too good either!

There is an ongoing investigation being carried out by the Chief Inspector of Police in this country, such is the dissatisfcation with the outcome of the French investigation.

This current one is responsible for turning up all the new evidence.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually Lord Stevens who's doing the review, the former Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis.

(Original post by Chrism)
    It's actually Lord Stevens who's doing the review, the former Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis.
    Even better!

ReputationRep:
    7) Diana's next humanitarian trip was to... PALESTINE
    HAHAHA... wow .. nice to know some things dont change ... some people will work their personal prejudices into ANYTHING... suddenly we connect the death of Diana and an age old conflict between Arab and Jew?

Incredible ... I mean .. I try not to post, but this really was amusing. They killed the mother of the next king because she was going to Gaza? You only have to say it out loud to realise how absurd that is. What we they afraid of? That she might solve the conflict in a couple of days, ban landmines, convert to Islam (note of course that Dodi, Mohammed, and his other son who I have met a number of times are no more Muslim than I when it comes to PRACTICING), and tell us all who framed Roger Rabbit?

Thanks for giving me a mid-revision chuckle though ...

(Original post by Lawz-)
    ... I mean .. I try not to post

Thanks for giving me a mid-revision chuckle though ...
    Good morning - good to see you back.

How come you are not finished this semester yet? I thought Oxbridge had shorter 'terms'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Good morning - good to see you back.

How come you are not finished this semester yet? I thought Oxbridge had shorter 'terms'.
    Lol - not back! dont tempt me ... exams in T-minus 8 days...

My course is much longer than others - everyone has gone home ... bah ... I try to avoid this site ... but its like crack

ReputationRep:
    Did our press report that the fiat driver was found burned alive?
    Was the alleged driver of the allegedly involved Fiat found burned alive? How do you know? If so, it could as easily be nutters who want to keep the conspiracy beliefs going.
    Thomas Pynchon's Proverb for Paranoids is useful in any kind of conspiracy theory: If they can get you asking the wrong questions it doesn't matter what the answers are.

Predictably, many people dismiss concerns over events as 'conspiracy theories'.
    They are the 'doubting Thomas's' of this world!
    For their benefit I have found a link entitled "An Introduction to Conspiracy Theories"

http://www.carpenoctem.tv/cons/intro.html

It's interesting why theories have evolved since the beginning of mankind. Much of it is down to past experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Was
    Thomas Pynchon's Proverb for Paranoids is useful in any kind of conspiracy theory: If they can get you asking the wrong questions it doesn't matter what the answers are.
    That is one of the best quotes I've heard in ages!

A question for the Diana-was-murdered-because-she-was
    -pregnant-by-a-muslim theorists:

If the UK is so anti-muslim wouldn't an announcement that the "People's Princess" was carrying an illigitimate child by a "rag head" actually evoke sympathy FOR the Royal Family? What possible motive could there have been for getting rid of her right at the time she may have been about to put her sainthood in question?

(Original post by DenverDiva)
    That is one of the best quotes I've heard in ages!

A question for the Diana-was-murdered-because-she-was
    -pregnant-by-a-muslim theorists:

If the UK is so anti-muslim wouldn't an announcement that the "People's Princess" was carrying an illigitimate child by a "rag head" actually evoke sympathy FOR the Royal Family? What possible motive could there have been for getting rid of her right at the time she may have been about to put her sainthood in question?
    I think the best theory for Diana's 'accident' is the one mooted by herself prior to dying

"They want me out of the way to clear the path for Charles to marry Camilla"

Rather poignant in hindsight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    The programme or the guest?

Well, I think I'm safe in assuming that it's all a bit of fiction made to sell books and make afternoon lounge shows more entertaining. If this really was "disturbing new evidence in the Diana case" (It's not really an accurate title, since the official cases are closed), it would have been reported by the press by now. Not even the Guardian says it's any more than a matter of the British, French and independent investigations and their forensic evidence versus Al Fayad, hearsay and likely-coincidental, circumstantial evidence. If the former is false, then it would have to mean the very heart of two national police services - trusted by more than a hundred million - are corrupt to the core, which doesn't show through anywhere else.
    Its not the police who are corrupted, all it takes is one telephone call to the chief commissioner saying "drop the case, we dont want a verdict being found etc" and thats it.

Did you see PD James' murder case, starring Martin Shaw. At the end of the most recent case, he was pressured into writing a report for an event without mentioning the names of people involved because they were MP's. In the end he revolted, but it doesnt mean the whole police force is corrupt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melbourne)
    Did you see PD James' murder case, starring Martin Shaw.
    That is what is known as fiction: a set of lies. There will be a remark in the credits to the effect that all the characters are fictional and any resemblance to any living person is purely coincidental. There is no reason to think that because something happens in that programme it mght actually happen at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    I think the best theory for Diana's 'accident' is the one mooted by herself prior to dying

"They want me out of the way to clear the path for Charles to marry Camilla"

Rather poignant in hindsight!
    Apply a little basic psychology. Perhaps Prince Charles actually believes that he is Prince of Wales and will become King of England by the will of God. In that case he is not going to break the principles he lives by and which make him who he is and- in his eyes- damn his immortal soul by having his ex-wife killed.
    On the other hand, he may be a cynic who has found himself in a very cushy position, thanks to the gullibilty of humanity. In that case he is going to regard the institution of marriage itself as an absurdity and won't care whether he is married to Camilla or not as long as he can have her as his mistress. In that case, again, he has no motive for killing diana.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.