Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello People

Don't some teachers stress you? I mean I sat my Maths GCSE 1 year early and I was so relaxed and excited that I enjoyed my exam and got an A* (93%) in it!! Today my history teacher was going on and on about exams, how horrible they are, how much we had to study...and all this was only for a mock exam. Don't get me wrong, I like exams but I honestly think that it's morally wrong when these teachers try to scare you when it is not scary at all. If I were them, I would go on about how you can enjoy it if you stay calm...I'm sure we'll get better marks (I did and I didn't even revise).It would be a better teaching method. As if I wasn't worrying enough already! We HAVE approached Christmas and the DT materials for our coursework didn't arrive at school yet and my extremely calm teacher (his character and physical features are excactly like Lockhart's from Harry Potter - he doesn't have a clue to what he's doing, used to be a board examiner) expects it on the Tuesday 17th Dec!!
    Vent your frustrations in this thread and learn to relax :rolleyes:
    BB
    PS it's amazing that I have put all of my info on the net, have the same username everywhere and no one from where I have come from, which is small, recognized/found me!! At the beginning I was always scared that teachers would recognise my more inappropriate threads around the net and have me locked up or kick me out of school!! Actually the last bit was a bit of an exaggeration, I am lazy but not a troublemaker and I am intelligent but DEFINITELY NOT a swot!!

ReputationRep:
    you're very lucky if thats you biggest problem right now! -not meaning to sound at all patronising or anything!!
    i totally agree though. It's too much to have exams every year of your life from primary school onwards (luckily, most of us wouldn't have been in that situation)but my little sister has. they say it gives us more experience when it comes to the real things but i think it completely loses all importance on most of us!! I don't revise v.much for any exams, big or small. luckily i do alright but for people who don't, its a real shame.

I haven't felt stressed out about exams since yr9 because you're doing it every year, and in the same format, the real ones dont seem any different. dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    you're very lucky if thats you biggest problem right now! -not meaning to sound at all patronising or anything!!
    i totally agree though. It's too much to have exams every year of your life from primary school onwards (luckily, most of us wouldn't have been in that situation)but my little sister has. they say it gives us more experience when it comes to the real things but i think it completely loses all importance on most of us!! I don't revise v.much for any exams, big or small. luckily i do alright but for people who don't, its a real shame.

I haven't felt stressed out about exams since yr9 because you're doing it every year, and in the same format, the real ones dont seem any different. dearyxxx
    Of course I've got more problems, doesn't every 1, I mean lots of my loved ones died, there were other problems too but I'm not about to post those in public for heavens sake!! Ok, am a bit calmer after ranting and raving...in my old school from year 5 and onwards (wasn't British), I used to have to do 8 exams a week (3 in a day) and if we got below 80% we had to come on the weekend and after school to retake it! Bet you can't guess what school I'm talking about (hint = come on u "fattys" out there! I am talkin' AMS's!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    Tuesday 17th Dec!!
    You might want to check that date.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I've got more problems, doesn't every 1, I mean lots of my loved ones died, there were other problems too but I'm not about to post those in public for heavens sake!! Ok, am a bit calmer after ranting and raving...in my old school from year 5 and onwards (wasn't British), I used to have to do 8 exams a week (3 in a day) and if we got below 80% we had to come on the weekend and after school to retake it! Bet you can't guess what school I'm talking about (hint = come on u "fattys" out there! I am talkin' AMS's!!)
    sorry. dearyxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    sorry. dearyxxxx
    It's OK deary, I was joking . And thanks for pointing out my error in the date...I mean SEE what they are doing to me!!! I just can't believe the hols are here

ReputationRep:
    girl, u need to look around you and see that if all you have got to worry about is exams then you do not know how lucky you are.

There are people without parents, people with illnesses and their are people who cant even take their exams as they have sadly passed away. you need to grow up and look aorund you cause you are one lucky person.

Not everyone has been given a good education 40% of the uk cant even read and write so you need to stop your nattering and think about other people instead of yourself you pathetic person.

You are self centered, small minded and you CANNOT enjopy exams your just mad. you been to your psychiatrists asppointment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schoolhazard)
    girl, u need to look around you and see that if all you have got to worry about is exams then you do not know how lucky you are.

There are people without parents, people with illnesses and their are people who cant even take their exams as they have sadly passed away. you need to grow up and look aorund you cause you are one lucky person.

Not everyone has been given a good education 40% of the uk cant even read and write so you need to stop your nattering and think about other people instead of yourself you pathetic person.

You are self centered, small minded and you CANNOT enjopy exams your just mad. you been to your psychiatrists asppointment
    For God's sake Schoolhazard!!! I've told u guys already I have got more problems than u can think, even if it's not major, but I'm not about to post my darkest secrets and despairs on the bloody net!!!! If u don't believe I'll tell you that they revolve around; war, famine death and AIDS!!! OK? I just thought that school is a safe subject that EVERYONE can relate to and not just special people. It's called "Not Being Selfish". Also depression is a very normal thing, nearly all people have it and you don't need a tradegy to become depressed. If u don't like it then dont ***** bout it!!
    PS sorry for being rude, I usually control myself

(Original post by Schoolhazard)
    40% of the uk cant even read and write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    However, 80% of 7-8 yr old poms can correctly spell Hogwarts, and only 35% can correctly spell school. *chuckles* the things you can find when you're bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    However, 80% of 7-8 yr old poms can correctly spell Hogwarts, and only 35% can correctly spell school. *chuckles* the things you can find when you're bored.
    Have to admit, love the harry potter books, not the films as much as the books . dunno bout the harry character though...

ReputationRep:
    Have to admit, love the harry potter books, not the films as much as the books . dunno bout the harry character though...
    The books are great aren't they, can't stand the flicks though. Just not enough time to add the depth required. Even though they run for near on 3 hours apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    The books are great aren't they, can't stand the flicks though. Just not enough time to add the depth required. Even though they run for near on 3 hours apparently
    O mi God!! someone agrees with me . most people I know just like the films...I think they are cutting out quidditch for the 3rd movie, I mean that's where harry sees the dementors, hears his mum, sees the grim/sirius and where he falls off!!

ReputationRep:
    how is it morally wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    how is it morally wrong?
    I'm sorry, I'm really blonde...what's morally wrong?
    BB

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.