Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think i would go through clearing at notts, and i think im going to have to. i just dont want to take a gap year, and really want to go notts so..... hopefully i would be able to switch to History aftr a few weeks there anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys !

I applied to Nottingham in Malaysia (I was gonna apply to UK, then I had a visa problem and decided to go to Malaysia and transfer later). Eventhough the application system for Malaysia is similar to UCAS, it only had one option for a course. Plus there isn't clearing in Malaysia. So I do not know whether my programme is popular or not. Could the courses in clearing in the UK campus be compared with the Malaysia ones?

PS- I applied for Chemical Engineering and most people say that there isn't much of a competition for Chem Eng !!

ReputationRep:
    no i would assume that since your female and your applying to do a science, they will snap u up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exmoorkatie)
    no i would assume that since your female and your applying to do a science, they will snap u up
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    could anyone please tell me how to find the courses in clearing? I couldn't find it in the Nottingham website or the UCAS website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goddess)
    could anyone please tell me how to find the courses in clearing? I couldn't find it in the Nottingham website or the UCAS website.
    try this.. go to www.google.com.. do a simple search on
    "clearing chemical engineering nottingham"
    isnt the first result what youre looking for?

i do not believe clearing applies for the malaysia campus.. you might email them directly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finnstar)
    try this.. go to www.google.com.. do a simple search on
    "clearing chemical engineering nottingham"
    isnt the first result what youre looking for?

i do not believe clearing applies for the malaysia campus.. you might email them directly..
    Thanks! It is in clearing in UK. As a Malaysian, do you think Chemical Engineering is a popular subject among Malaysian students?

ReputationRep:
    after my high school, before i did a-levels.. i wanted so much to do chem eng. and my dad shot it down.. he says there's no career hope in malaysia... he did mention, if you were in a bigger european country more bent on research with big companies to pay you, then he would let me.. but im a victim of geography.. so i had to decide on something else..

still, i have an interest in chem eng, because the chemistry of plastics have fascinated me for a long time.. i cant speak for all malaysian students. but a lotta people here want to become engineers and doctors, an much more pharmacists.. law, business..
    still if notts has introduced chem eng in malaysia, id bet my bottom dollar that theres a lotta interest here..

just for you to know, the semenyih campus is awesome! the KL campus is very modern too!

ReputationRep:
    after my high school, before i did a-levels.. i wanted so much to do chem eng. and my dad shot it down.. he says there's no career hope in malaysia... he did mention, if you were in a bigger european country more bent on research with big companies to pay you, then he would let me.. but im a victim of geography.. so i had to decide on something else..

still, i have an interest in chem eng, because the chemistry of plastics have fascinated me for a long time.. i cant speak for all malaysian students. but a lotta people here want to become engineers and doctors, an much more pharmacists.. law, business..
    still if notts has introduced chem eng in malaysia, id bet my bottom dollar that theres a lotta interest here..

just for you to know, the semenyih campus is awesome! the KL campus is very modern too!
    Thanks for all the info. I know what you mean about the new campus. I saw the pictures, it's a nice place. The situation in Sri Lanka is also similar, as all the people want to be doctors, engineers and lawyers.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, you said 'victim of geography'

That's the name of a song I know *nods*

Sorry, I'm easily amused.

ReputationRep:
    a song ? wots the name..?
    hehe well.. after high school a teacher came to me and said, rajiv, i think you would have done better in the o-level system than the local spm education system..
    i couldnt have agreed more.. chem n physics is better learnt in english than any other language.. (maybe latin.. if more people spoke it)

ReputationRep:
    What song? Un geographer would liketh to know, for some reason...!

ReputationRep:
    Surely the song is called, 'victim of geography'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Surely the song is called, 'victim of geography'?
    my thoughts exactly lol

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Ohdearyme

ReputationRep:
    hehe err leave it to me to be blinded by the obvious.. i once leaned against the parking meter and asked a man.. excuse me sir.. but where's the parking meter?..

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    *Grin*

Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    hehe err leave it to me to be blinded by the obvious.. i once leaned against the parking meter and asked a man.. excuse me sir.. but where's the parking meter?..
    :rofl:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.