Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    Djikstra's for shortest path is a BIG BIG hit for exam questions
    How do you all manage to make them boxes around the nodes, :eek: I make big boxes and small boxes. I know that in the exam, they'll probably provide the boxes, but I was just wondering, how you lot manage to practise Djisktra's algorithm, I keep making small boxes, and large ones, and it doesn't look nice.

As far as simplex method goes, I'll learn it as I've revised most of the stuff that you've stated, I think its nice to have a algebraic method solving linear programme problems. I hate the graphical inequality approach.

ReputationRep:
    You have to have a big diagram preferable bout an A4 sheet for the whole network.
    If u draw, space the nodes as far apart as possible which elaves enough space to draw ur boxes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the current specification MEI D1 exam tommorow, we've been told we need to know the following;

Graph theory definitions (Hamiltonian cycle, path, walk, trail, isomorphic etc...),
    Algorithms: Djikstra's, Prim's, Kruskal's, Bubble sort. (We've also been told to know how to use shuttle sort and quick sort, but that if it's needed in the exam, the algorithm will be provided),
    Critical path drawing, forwards and backwards passes, float calculation (Total float, independant float, interfering float), cascade charts and resource histograms.
    Linear programming, forming inequalities, plotting them, finding the faesible region, etc,
    Simulation, creating rules for the use of random numbers, (I.e 00 - 14 = 5 seconds), completing simulation tables, and ways to improve simulations.

Good luck with the decision exams tommorow everyone.

Oh, P.S; When drawing a cascade chart, you have to draw the float in with dotted lines... Do these continue until the EARLY or LATE event time for next event??

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.