The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

wordscope

Hey has anyone found wordscope to be useful?
I ask only because, I thought my writing skills were fine but now I've just attended one of these wordscope things and I'm more confused and annoyed than ever. I have always managed top marks for written work and I have to admit that I don't know what a prehiptoticadverjective is but somehow without knowing it I seem to have a pretty good grasp of the English language so I just wondered if anyone else felt the same as I?
Is it just me that feels more confused after the class than before it or if others feel that way too?

Cheers.
Reply 1
I can understand what you saying. I come away from Wordscope feeling very confused. However, I am thinking it will make more sense once the course is completed and it does make me think about what I am writing.

Stick with it - you get a certificate at the end ;o)
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Hi, Wordscope is a good course that starts off teaching the basics of constructing simple sentences. Many people struggle with relearning the basics as they have been writing in more details most of their lives. If you stick with the programme for more than a couple of workshops, you will find an increase in the standard of academic writing that you produce. Even students with good academic writing skills can improve them and potentially their grades by the time they finish the course. Stick with it and you will reap the benefits!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending