The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ollypocket
For sure not Sheffield. I'm fairly sure I'm going to take up Exeter, ask to be deferred (will have to re-apply I guess if they don't want that) but will reconsider on results day.
Omg good luck!!!! Really hope you did better than you think :smile: though I have to say accepting that I was going to be rejected made it A LOT easier when I eventually was lol. Oh and Paddy has been around these parts too :biggrin: - feels like a mini-reunion lol though I do pop onto the TSR massive thread every so often :smile:.

OMG MY MUM JUST TEXTED TO SAY MY WEST WING BOX SET HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!! :biggrin:

Yay, finally! Have fun with it! :biggrin:
I hope so too, but I doubt it. Fingers crossed for next week :smile: Yay, Paddy! I loved that thread, such a pity that it died a little after those damned letters came...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
_Claudia_
Yay, finally! Have fun with it! :biggrin:
I hope so too, but I doubt it. Fingers crossed for next week :smile: Yay, Paddy! I loved that thread, such a pity that it died a little after those damned letters came...

Thanks. And yup but it was fun while it lasted :smile:. One of the best bits of applying imo!
I heard today, got an offer :smile: still waiting on my other 4 though!
Got an interview at UCL in Feb which I don't particularly want to go to.
whisperings
I heard today, got an offer :smile: still waiting on my other 4 though!
Got an interview at UCL in Feb which I don't particularly want to go to.

I wish Exeter would get back to me, all my other friends who applied there for English have heard apart from me... :s-smilie:
Hannnnnaah
I wish Exeter would get back to me, all my other friends who applied there for English have heard apart from me... :s-smilie:

Good luck - you should hear pretty soon.
How many of your friends got in? I have one friend who's just got in for the same course :smile:.
ollypocket
Good luck - you should hear pretty soon.
How many of your friends got in? I have one friend who's just got in for the same course :smile:.

Thank you :smile: I really want to go to exeter, the course sounds amazing!
I think one of my friends has got in to the streatham campus, and one has got an offer from the cornwall campus but applied for streatham.
And lots of my friends who aren't doing english have offers from Exeter as well!
I'm really hoping I get an offer.
Are you planning to go there?
Reply 26
ollypocket
Thanks! I've got all my responses back now - rejected from UCL, Edinburgh and Cambridge and offers from Sheffield and Exeter :smile:. What about you?
Yep it was AAA offer, don't you already have that and what were your GCSEs?

Oh right, hopefully it's a nice email somehow :smile:

I am still waiting on Durham! (Although I don't feel optimistic about my chances there)

I've got three unconditional offers from York, Southampton and Birmingham. So if I get rejected from Durham then I'll definitely head off to York!

I do have 3 A's, but I'm sure a lot of people are applying to Exeter with 3 A's / 3 predicted A's, and much better GCSE's than me. Undoubtedly making them more desirable candidates!

I got 1 A, 3 C's, and the rest B's at GCSE. Needless to say, I was a bit of a late bloomer, so it was only until sixth form (particularly upper sixth) that I really came into my own.

Really good luck with achieving those 3 A's! Doubt you'll need it, because you've seemingly got the academic credentials to prove that you can achieve it! :yes:
_Claudia_
I changed my choice of Edinburgh into Exeter today :o: It took me months to choose which one I'd go for, but a few days after making the decision I regretted it. So I called UCAS today and they changed it for me :biggrin:

Good Good =D
Reply 28
I got 12 a star and 2 a grades at gcse, 3 a grades at as (and a c - don't ask :s), and applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh and Exeter. I've already had rejections from Cambridge and Warwick, and it's not looking good for the other three :s - I've got my fingers crossed for exeter though because it looks amazing. Has anyone else not heard yet? I'm getting really nervous - the other people from my school have already got their offers for exeter
Wades
I got 12 a star and 2 a grades at gcse, 3 a grades at as (and a c - don't ask :s), and applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh and Exeter. I've already had rejections from Cambridge and Warwick, and it's not looking good for the other three :s - I've got my fingers crossed for exeter though because it looks amazing. Has anyone else not heard yet? I'm getting really nervous - the other people from my school have already got their offers for exeter

Ditto.
I was unsuccessful with Warwick and Oxford, have an offer from RHUL (kind of my back up, not sure if i want to go there) and am waiting on Durham and Exeter.
Your grades make mine look bad! - I have 4 A*s and 7As at GCSE and AAAAB at as. :smile: I really really want to go to Exeter, and all my friends (even those applying for English) have their offers! But I've not heard...
Reply 30
I'm waiting on them too...and Warwick too, although that is a big fat rejection waiting to happen.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Exeter though :smile:
Reply 31
Just bumping this thread with the news that I got an offer! :woo:
Conditional AAA, which is pretty steep but I wasn't really expecting anything less.
Hannnnnaah
Thank you :smile: I really want to go to exeter, the course sounds amazing!
I think one of my friends has got in to the streatham campus, and one has got an offer from the cornwall campus but applied for streatham.
And lots of my friends who aren't doing english have offers from Exeter as well!
I'm really hoping I get an offer.
Are you planning to go there?

I know - I've been reading about it and it sounds really fun :smile:.
Tonnes of my friends are in too :p:; everyone will know everyone-else lol.
I'm not sure - it's going down as my firm but if I get 2/3A*s and really feel like applying somewhere-else I might just do that...

Jonk12345
I am still waiting on Durham! (Although I don't feel optimistic about my chances there)

I've got three unconditional offers from York, Southampton and Birmingham. So if I get rejected from Durham then I'll definitely head off to York!

I do have 3 A's, but I'm sure a lot of people are applying to Exeter with 3 A's / 3 predicted A's, and much better GCSE's than me. Undoubtedly making them more desirable candidates!

I got 1 A, 3 C's, and the rest B's at GCSE. Needless to say, I was a bit of a late bloomer, so it was only until sixth form (particularly upper sixth) that I really came into my own.

Really good luck with achieving those 3 A's! Doubt you'll need it, because you've seemingly got the academic credentials to prove that you can achieve it! :yes:

Good luck with Durham! And wow yeah York is right up there in the league tables! :smile: and I heard the collegiate system is really cool.
Ah right - that's annoying. GCSEs are so stupid :mad: - as if doing badly at GCSE Science or Food tech is going to be an indicator you won't get a 1st class degree in English.
Thanks - I'm not sure, I'll just work lol. I'm also doing a Latin AS... independently LOL sooo we'll see how that goes.
Reply 33
ssethe
Just bumping this thread with the news that I got an offer! :woo:
Conditional AAA, which is pretty steep but I wasn't really expecting anything less.

Same... not sure if I'll end up going, but it's nice to have an offer :smile:
Hii =D

I got an offer from Exeter today. Waiting for Kings now and rejected from Warwick, Ucl and Cambridge. It seems as though Warwick rejected quite a lot of English lit applicants this year.. :|
Reply 35
Quality_of_Eternal_Reassu
Hii =D

I got an offer from Exeter today. Waiting for Kings now and rejected from Warwick, Ucl and Cambridge. It seems as though Warwick rejected quite a lot of English lit applicants this year.. :|

Well done for the offer, and commiserations for the others :o:
English is an incredibly competitive course though, and I've only seen about 2 people with interviews for Warwick so far. If they reject me I'll def. be firming Exeter :smile:
WOOW got my Exeter offer today for English and French!! Slightly higher than expected..but they've asked for AAA in english lit, french and either of spanish or history. SO HAPPY!!!

:biggrin:
anyone still waiting for a response from Exeter?
it's killing me, this waiting.
but well done to everyone so far :smile:
Reply 38
Hannnnnaah
anyone still waiting for a response from Exeter?it's killing me, this waiting.

Yes, unfortunately. I hope we both hear something soon :yep:

Out of interest, has anyone else who applied for deferred entry had a response?
Hannnnnaah
anyone still waiting for a response from Exeter?
it's killing me, this waiting.

yep i'm still waiting too though i am not too fussed coz i thought i would be rejected straight away. it has given me a little hope which i am sure I will have to crush soon haha. good luck to you :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending