Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok i dont drink coke anymore cause the acid is bad for your teeth but ice cream on top of a glass of coke is great

ReputationRep:
    Put the dirtiest, horriblest 2p coin you can find in a glass of Coke for a day or two, then take it out and look at it. You won't ever want to drink it again :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    Put the dirtiest, horriblest 2p coin you can find in a glass of Coke for a day or two, then take it out and look at it. You won't ever want to drink it again :dong:
    what bout diet coke? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    I haven't tried it with Diet Coke, but I'd guess it does the same as it's not the sugar that does it but the acid

ReputationRep:
    that also happens with vinegar... no chips for you now..

oh and toothpaste is good for cleanin rando objects. you not gonna brush your teeth now?

ReputationRep:
    Surely all its doing then is cleaning your insides out? If coke was really that bad the government would have made it ilegal.

ReputationRep:
    yeah my friend put a tooth in coke for an experiment that was at school around 1999 when i was at school now im 22 and dont drink coke well for about a year or maybe the odd dr pepper over the course of about 6 months if theres nothing else but thats better than 1 litre a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Surely all its doing then is cleaning your insides out? If coke was really that bad the government would have made it ilegal.
    It's not cleaning it it's dissolving the stuff on the 2p, and it has the same effect on the enamel on your teeth. It won't take it all off just from drinking it a occasionally, as the effect is only visible after a few days, but just shows you how bad it is.

It's not as bad for your teeth if you drink it through a straw though

ReputationRep:
    Never trusted 'normal' coke - I love diet coke though, I actually think it's nicer than normal coke.

ReputationRep:
    diet coke is better.

pepsi max too.. diet pepsi is pretty rank though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Like cigarettes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    diet coke is better.

pepsi max too.. diet pepsi is pretty rank though.
    i was watching a doc on pepsi vs coke and one of pepsi people sent a deaf threat to coke so im not into pepsi i suppose it was an isolated event

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)

diet coke is worse - it has artificial sweeteners in it instead of sugar.

ReputationRep:
    my dad used to be a consultant for a company who made butler bars for hotels. people used to spill coke on the printed circuit boards, and the coke ate right through all the copper, rendering the boards useless.

I never drink coke! I like the taste, but the thought of my poor teeth...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    yeah my friend put a tooth in coke for an experiment that was at school around 1999 when i was at school now im 22 and dont drink coke well for about a year or maybe the odd dr pepper over the course of about 6 months if theres nothing else but thats better than 1 litre a day
    yeah but what HAPPENED to the tooth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    yeah but what HAPPENED to the tooth?
    it rotted

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a Coke Float? A Coke Floater sounds like... I dunno... something not very pleasant you'd find in the toilet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Isn't it a Coke Float? A Coke Floater sounds like... I dunno... something not very pleasant you'd find in the toilet
    I was just going to say.... "float", not "floater". :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    I was just going to say.... "float", not "floater". :\
    O.k then so how about have you tried a floater with ice cream sorry just kidding

ReputationRep:
    Coke does rot ur teeth but only if u kept coke in ur mouth for days on end lol,
    On brainac: science abuse on sky one they left a tooth it a big glass of coke for 24hrs, came back, took it out, look a little discusting as had bits of coke stuck to it but they then got a toothbrush scrubbed ita few seconds and it looked perfectly fine - There conclusion - coke does not rot your teeth if left in coke for a day, probs would after a few days or so

but honestly if ur clean ur teeth at least once a day then it wont affect u at all,

btw why is it mainly girls that like diet coke? most girls i no will only drink diet coke not normal coke, in my opinion its horrible, its not as sweet and goes flat really quickly

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.