Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone else is absolutely terrified they wont get a place at uni. I have only applied to four, and im wondering what am i going to do if i dont get into one of them?

I dont think its fair that places are offered on predicted grades either. Some people do better than their predicted grades, others do much worse.

Do references from you school play a part in the offering of places?

Maybe im just being silly, im sure im not the only person worrying like this.

Anyway, any comment would be nice

Sarah x x x

ReputationRep:
    ooops, i spelt dont wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone else is absolutely terrified they wont get a place at uni. I have only applied to four, and im wondering what am i going to do if i dont get into one of them?

I dont think its fair that places are offered on predicted grades either. Some people do better than their predicted grades, others do much worse.

Do references from you school play a part in the offering of places?

Maybe im just being silly, im sure im not the only person worrying like this.

Anyway, any comment would be nice

Sarah x x x
    Hey.. there's always UCAS extra.. and clearing! Try not to worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know anything about getting into uni's, cos i'm only 15

but i'm sure u'll get in!!!!........... go 4 it gal!!!

ReputationRep:
    I would go through clearing. Offers are usually a little lower and universities more flexible during this period.

Alternatively, take a year out and work and/or travel.

ReputationRep:
    thanx saf!

Whats ucas extra elle?

I know exactly what i want to do, and touch wood im sure il get the grades, im just wondering what happens if i dont, i think its always best to expect the worst lol, then if the worst happens its not such a shock, and if the best happens then everything is fine lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy_j)
    thanx saf!

Whats ucas extra elle?

I know exactly what i want to do, and touch wood im sure il get the grades, im just wondering what happens if i dont, i think its always best to expect the worst lol, then if the worst happens its not such a shock, and if the best happens then everything is fine lol
    I think it's been introduced this year for people who don't get any offers or decline all there offers. More info here:

http://www.ucas.com/getting/after/extra.html

ReputationRep:
    thank u elle

x

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.