Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i want to learn how to play the guitar and from what i've read, you should start out with an acoustic and learn the basics with that (I dont want to do bass guitar in the future)

but, i have no idea what would be the ideal guitar to learn on, and i'm a left hander which makes things more difficult. i wouldnt want to buy a right handed one and change the strings because the shape would be wierd.

does anyone know what guitar would be best? or make anyway

and my limit is £100, and i dont want to spend that much anyway, becasuse most of the sites i have looked at have ones for £200 :eek: and i just want a fairly decent one to learn on

ReputationRep:
    You actually have an advantage being left handed
    It's the same as i tell people starting the violin - you're left hand has to do all the complicated stuff so you're at an advantage
    You can easily pick up a cheap accoustic fof 40 or 60 quid from your local music shop
    If you want to go electric i would STRONGLY reccommend a Yamaha Pacifica - a bit mroe than your budget but not much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    You actually have an advantage being left handed
    It's the same as i tell people starting the violin - you're left hand has to do all the complicated stuff so you're at an advantage
    You can easily pick up a cheap accoustic fof 40 or 60 quid from your local music shop
    If you want to go electric i would STRONGLY reccommend a Yamaha Pacifica - a bit mroe than your budget but not much
    but if i'm left handed then shouldnt i play with a left handed guitar? so that would mean that my right hand is doing all the complicated stuff. And i feel that i could do better using my right hand for all the complicated stuff anyway, feels wierd with my left, and less movable with my fingers if you know what i mean

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.