The Student Room Group

Textile Design Work Experience/Placement

My girlfriend is looking for some sort of Placement or work experience after christmas. She is at Grays School of Art in Aberdeen and studying Textile Design. Being in aberdeen, options are limited. Basically, does anyone have any suggestions as to where about she could perhaps try? Textile Design in particular would obviously be preferred, but any sort of work within that "area" ie, fashion/design/interiors etc... would be suitable!
Thanks in advance for any help! Would be much appreciated!
Reply 1
Her University should be able to give her advice on finding a placement. But much of it is getting in contact with companies herself and seeing what happens. If there's no one in Aberdeen she wants to work with she'll have to consider commuting or moving temporarily to get a good placement. Unfortunately when it comes down to it placements are really important in the industry and if the company you want is in france, you find a way to get to france!
Reply 2
Oh also, from what I've gathered from textiles students I know, there's a difference between textiles for interiors and textiles for fashion so her placement should depend on what she wants to do in the future
Reply 3
I am looking for a placement in Textile design ( achieved certificates in Art and Design) Level 1 and 2. Got a portfolio in Art creativity. I be happy to show you. I live in Wombwell, Barnsley and can be up for any challenge or work what ever comes my way. Thanks! Julia my phone number is 07949676840 in case you want to get in touch.

Quick Reply