Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Academic reference on Headed Paper Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi, basically im on a 2nd gap year and a Uni i have applied to is asking for an academic reference to be sent on headed paper. (On Ucas i sent my works' reference as it was most upto date).

    I was wondering what actually is headed paper? And do i just go to my college and tell them and then will they produce this 'headed paper' for me.

    Thanks in advance.

    Yes just tell them the reference needs to be on headed paper, but they'll probably do that anyway. It's just the paper them school uses with a logo and contact details on.

    Universities normally want an academic reference, so normally it is best practice to put an academic on on your ucas, as you didnt, that will be why they are asking for one now.

    Headed paper just means that it will be more 'official' than you emailing them any old thing you could have typed up yourself Your college will know what it is. It is just their letterhead paper - the official stuff with their crest/logo/address/headteacher etc on.
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.