The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AnGeLeYeS
Hey All,
What will give you a buzz about wrking in one of our stores? (HELP!!)

Thats obvious!

Just look on their website, thell almost certainly tell you about the good points about working in their store. Just feed it back to them! - In differnet more flayttering words though!

Good luck
Reply 2
u probs have to display an interest in what they sell.. i.e. show ure into fashion.. in particular river island fashion... say sumin bout the 'fantastic atmosphere' of river island
Reply 3
what store you applying for i work in river island brent cross, i totally hate it so do all the other staff
Reply 4

Seeing all the new river island products before everyone else and then being able to tell friends/ family about all the fabulous new lines.

In what ways would you be enthusiastic abt selling our product?
I would be entusiastic because I love fashion, I like to keep up with current trends as I know River Island do too, I would be enthusiastic as I would be able to give customers hints/ tips if they needed any and am always willing to help/ get as many sales as possible to be the best sales assistant.

Something like that, go on their website for more details, look on the section for careers if there is one.
Reply 5
svarsani2
what store you applying for i work in river island brent cross, i totally hate it so do all the other staff

Im applying for the one in Uxbridge and Hammersmith as well.
U been working there for long?
Whats the pay like?
Reply 6
AnGeLeYeS
Hey All,
Just filling out an application for River Island as a sales advisor and I need some ideas on answering the following question/s:

and

In what ways would you be enthusiastic abt selling our product?

Has anyone got any tips? Thanx a lot!

I've just applied to River Island, haven't heard anything back yet though :s:

Say how passionate you are about fashion, how you would enjoy helping customers to find a look that's right for them etc :smile:
Reply 7
i worked in river island over xmas. jus say tht u want to work in a dynamic environment as part of a team. u r interested in fashion etc.. describe ur personality...how u wud help customers, eg in the changing rooms gettin clothes in different sizes etc. mayb tht ur conscientious.
working was good pay but most of the staff didnt like the work there.
Reply 8
i get paid 5.50 in brent cross
Reply 9
svarsani2
i get paid 5.50 in brent cross

It must vary quite a bit because someone I spoke to on here said she got paid £4.90 :s:
Reply 10
£4.90..O m g! Was she under 18?
I get paid £6.41 in Next!
Reply 11
AnGeLeYeS

£4.85 is minimum wage for 18 year olds, I get £4.92, 7p over minimum wage, lucky me lol.
Don't work in River Island, I worked there a few months ago and it was totally unprofessional, but this was only in my store. Managers slept with their employees and they didn't pay us properly.

I would advise working in Next, pay was much more better and professional but the bitching wasn't.
Reply 13
AnGeLeYeS

I'll apply there as well then :smile:

lawrence4 are you sure about the minimum wage being that high? I'm on £4.50 ph at my other place and I'm 18.
Reply 14
The minimum wage for 18-21 year olds is £4.10, rising to £4.25 in October.

£4.85 is the minimum wage for 22+ year olds, rising to £5.05 (I think) in October and £5.35 towards the end of 2006.

The minimum wage for 16-17 year olds is £3 which is ridiculous because it just encourages explotation. Grr.
Reply 15
Alex Mann

£4.85 is the minimum wage for 22+ year olds, rising to £5.05 (I think) in October and £5.35 towards the end of 2006.

The minimum wage for 16-17 year olds is £3 which is ridiculous because it just encourages explotation. Grr.

Yeh I know what you mean :frown: that's rubbish pay
Reply 16
twiga
I'll apply there as well then :smile:

lawrence4 are you sure about the minimum wage being that high? I'm on £4.50 ph at my other place and I'm 18.

After doing a bit of googling it would seem you're right, when I turned 18 my wage didn't go up so I told my boss I wasn't getting the minimum wage, he put it up for me to what at the full timers (all at least in 20s) were getting lol :p:
Reply 17
It isn't the fact that the minimum wage is £3 that annoys me. I would be less annoyed than I am now if all minimum wages are £3. What annoys me is that it justifies age discrimination. I know they say "but young workers are less experienced" bla bla bla, *******s. How much experience does it take to operate a checkout to a decent level? I was a bloody supervisor, running the department when my managers were not in, and I was getting paid less than 18 year olds who sat on a checkout. Stupid.

Alex Mann

I'm 16 and starting on £4.85p/h with up to 15p an hour bonus :biggrin:
i would like to work in river Island in brent cross or hammersmith. i emailed my CV to them.

Latest

Trending

Trending