Turn on thread page Beta

What competitions have you won? watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone won a competition?

ReputationRep:
    I won a Blue Peter badge

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean a crappy radio phone in type thing to win a holiday or a proper competition like a football tournament?

I won the Magic: The Gathering Regional Championships back in 2003, when I was a nerd. True story.

ReputationRep:
    Ive won Steve Allens Badges Twice from LBC 97.3 fm, and a CD from Kiss 100 thats all i think.

ReputationRep:
    I won a CBBC thing once, it was about movies, i didn't see my name on TV which sucked but I did get space jam and star wars goodies.. o collectables though.

still have my mini millenium falcon on mymantle piece and I still hope there's a mini harrison ford inside it.. and he'll grow big like tinkerbell did in hook.. what?! I'm not crazy.. :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    i won a comp on citv for some hello kitty stuff, i had most of it already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    ...when I was a nerd.
    When? :p:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    i won a comp on citv for some hello kitty stuff, i had most of it already
    Oooh, cute.

Juno: Any competition you feel like mentioning.

ReputationRep:
    I won a Web Design book from a website. But i dont remebering entering it. Nice to get stuff for nothing though, isnt it?

I dont feel i win enough free crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    When? :p:
    Oooh, cute.

Juno: Any competition you feel like mentioning.
    Jump :mad:

Well I've won borough badminton titles, various footy competitions and the borough junior maths challenge

ReputationRep:
    I've won a few things; mostly music related. The most expensive was probably VIP tickets to the Fleadh festival (worth around £80) which featured Bob Dylan, Billy Bragg, The Stands, The Charlatans, The Delays, Counting Crows, amongst others. I've also won tickets to gigs like Travis, Kings of Leon and Ben Kweller, and guestlist for this year's main NME Awards aftershow party. I've won a fair few CDs through random competitions too. Oh, and I have a Blue Peter badge too. It's really cheap and cruddy. I pinned it to my bag when I went to school once and it rained, and the blue ink ran off it.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, it seems people are now actually mentioning competitions they actually did something to win. That limits my achievements somewhat, haha. I came runner up in a Young Writers' magazine poetry competition once, and came first in a colouring in competition run by the Commonwealth Institute. Yeah, I'm so talented.

ReputationRep:
    I won the Junior Tennis Championship of Catalunya once and second time I was second.

ReputationRep:
    I won the computer game Divine Divinity in a (very very) local newspaper a few years ago. Never really played it though

ReputationRep:
    erm... I've won competitions in school... but they were kinda ridiculous

so... ermm Oh, I've won beach volleyball when I used to play and indoors volleyball a while ago (we lost the last one )

ReputationRep:
    i won a radio competition where i won a goody bag of cds/dvds worth over £100 and won a mug!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    when I was a nerd.
    Why are you using the past tense? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

im not that lucky

ReputationRep:
    when i was like 10 had to write a cartoon to be broadcast on ITV at 5:00PM on CITV... won out of like 500,000 entries very odd cartoon twas..

(Original post by wild thing)
    Why are you using the past tense? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
    There's a difference between geek and nerd... read your urban dictionary!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.