Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    or is it just me not sleeping much like only 6 hours sleep because i had to get up yesterday at 4:35am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    or is it just me not sleeping much like only 6 hours sleep because i had to get up yesterday at 4:35am
    couldnt sleep last night at all....too hot and my head hurt! so ur not alone!

ReputationRep:
    no! i love it!

i hate the heat. its 28 in my room and im baking.

ReputationRep:
    mmm.... cool air conditioning :cool: but yeah as far as headaches go, i was getting dehydrated earlier.

ReputationRep:
    meh 31 in mine, my room is always the hottest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    no its not just you heat gives me a headache as well

ReputationRep:
    Join the club :bawling: my friends think I'm insane to hate summer: the gnat bites and hayfever's bad enough but the intensely oppressive heatwaves have to cap em all.

I was up at 3 - amazed I got to sleep at all - and resorted to popping downstairs, removing the blue things from the freezer that stay cold and putting them on my wrists and back in order to sleep :eek: I hate this weather so much

Anyone know where you can buy fans from and how much they cost?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't sleep last night either. Didn't get to sleep till 3 in the morning, and then my stupid bro woke me up at 8. Was not pleased

ReputationRep:
    i've got a fan and i can just about get to sleep when its on but then my mum switches it off and my room returns to oven at gas mark 6 status!!!! aaah!! - and i have the room where the sun first hits in the morning and where the chimney breast is!!!

its way tooooooooo hot!!

ReputationRep:
    hate it - fell asleep at 6am, had to set up a fan so it was aiming directly at me

ReputationRep:
    yes, I had a headache even though I drank at least 3 litres

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or is it ok temps downstairs and really hot upstairs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Yep, at work today it was horribly hot downstairs, but upstairs it was totally unbearable- 32 ° next to the fan!!

ReputationRep:
    That my friend is because Hot Air Rises!! (do they not teach anything in school these days)!!

Yes, the heat has given me a headache to! but it been thundering to

ReputationRep:
    Makes me feel very tired, this weather makes me angry as hell, takes so much effort just to do menial tasks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Spod)
    That my friend is because Hot Air Rises!! (do they not teach anything in school these days)!!

Yes, the heat has given me a headache to! but it been thundering to
    :rofl: not my physics teacher... he just plays with dodgy gamma emitting rods

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: not my physics teacher... he just plays with dodgy gamma emitting rods
    hehehe

I remember when we did that! for some reason i had a headache then too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Spod)
    hehehe

I remember when we did that! for some reason i had a headache then too
    yeah ours was slightly err dangerous he started waving it directly at us about a foot away going "That's a BETA rod! Beta radiatio... oh sorry that's gamma!!!11"

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.