Turn on thread page Beta

Gnats, heat rashes and Bites :( watch

ReputationRep:
    Damn - gnats or whatever they are love me, and already just at the beginning of this heatwave I have bites from the damn things as well as heat rashes emerging. God I do love summer

Any advice on a) how to prevent heat rashes and getting bitten or b) how to quickly and effectively get rid of them? Camomile seems to have the sole effect of making me smell funny, as do TCP and Witchhazel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bethany*)
    Damn - gnats or whatever they are love me, and already just at the beginning of this heatwave I have bites from the damn things as well as heat rashes emerging. God I do love summer

Any advice on a) how to prevent heat rashes and getting bitten or b) how to quickly and effectively get rid of them? Camomile seems to have the sole effect of making me smell funny, as do TCP and Witchhazel...
    For insects bites, have you tried putting on insect repellants? Try the spray and the roll-on ones - some people find one more effective than the other. Personally, the spray one never works but you'll never know.

There should be ointments / creams available in supermarkets or pharmacies for insect bites. They should help relieve the itchiness / pain. Try and resist scratching them because it often makes it worse.

Some bites are worse than others. If you're really sensitive to bites (like my friend)and end up with huge swollen bites and rashes, you might even have to see a doctor about it.

Edit: try and avoid grassy areas where they would be more insects. If you do have to go to those places, no matter how hot it is, it would be better to wear thin, long-sleeves and pants to minimise areas exposed. And really do try the insect repellants, they work really well for me.

(Original post by *Bethany*)

wash regularly. they are attracted by sweaty smells amongst other things. and try to keepp covered up a bit

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.