Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi im doing psychology coursework at a2 level which is about wheather 1 gender is stereotyped as being more intelligent than another. however i have to try and make this into an experiment by having control groups . can any1 help

ReputationRep:
    any1 at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    any1 at all
    Yes, I think I can.

What is the problem you are encountering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin75)
    Yes, I think I can.

What is the problem you are encountering?
    lol thx ok

well i dont know how to carry out an experiment on the title im doing.
    i was gonna do a questionaire but got told we have to do an experiment. any ideas plz

thx in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    lol thx ok

well i dont know how to carry out an experiment on the title im doing.
    i was gonna do a questionaire but got told we have to do an experiment. any ideas plz

thx in advance
    Take two people, one of each sex, and send them out into the town centre where you live.

They need to go out on at least two occasions, each time dressed in what you consider to be typical of the sterotype you feel each represents. For example. Female dim bimbop blonde, high heels, short skirt, over made up etc etc. The next time the same person goes out dressed more 'conventionally'.

Similarly with the male. Scruffy, unshaven, anorak. The second time in a 'business suit'.

Get them to stop people and ask directions to somewhere quite complicated, but in the area.

Observe and record the reactions of the members of the public to the different 'individuals'.

Just an idea.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.