Turn on thread page Beta

French Writing Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Anybody know what may come up on the aqa french writing? SO SO WORRIED :confused:

I still got seven exams left what about you guys! GOod Luck !!!

Thanxs

ReputationRep:
    im really worried too because i just cant revise anymore, i still got 5, suppose its better than 7! i dont think schools or holidays will come up as it came up last year, but who knows

ReputationRep:
    Sorry - I do [or did, as is now the case] Written GCSE Coursework as an alternative to the writing test, for which we may use reference materials although we have to complete one piece of work under controlled exam conditions, but are given the opopotunity to plan and memorise. Although I think GCSE writing is good preperation for AS/A2 Lwevel examin French or German because at least you'll know the type of thing to expect once you've done it once. It might be helpful to think back to your mock and consider how you prepared for it then. I think that the accuracy of the work is worth more marks than what ypu actually write - and remember your account dosen't always have to be truthfuk; no one is gonig to check.

ReputationRep:
    ..thank the lord i chose courswork.

ReputationRep:
    you can choose to do coursework for french? i never knew that was an option

ReputationRep:
    WOW u guys are so lucky that you do coursework !For the mocks i didnt revise got an A for writing because one of the questions were on holidays same as my speaking oral so i aced it! Ahhh im so frustrated just got a feeling a random things going to come up which i wont know what to write for at all!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonscape)
    you can choose to do coursework for french? i never knew that was an option
    You do now Bit too late though huh.

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeh, and malheureusement, writing is the only bit i can't do, in my mock i got A*s in speaking, listening and reading but a big fat C in writing

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeh, and malheureusement, writing is the only bit i can't do, in my mock i got A*s in speaking, listening and reading but a big fat C in writing
    I got a U, hence choosing to do coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I'm *****ting myself about AQA French writing too. I did exactly the same as moonscape and got A*s in reading, listening and speaking for mock, and then a big fat pudgy C in writing. I wrote the whole thing in German word order, making "because" send the verb to the end of the sentence. Oh the terribleness. It took me right down to a very low low low A, borderline B. I was SHOCKED. I would never recover if I got a B in French lol. I'm just revising all the tenses now, as there's not much point in doing vocab the night before, it just over-faces me. I don't even want an A* in it, just an A lol. My god there's so much work this week, French, History and Physics. All the most hideous subjects ever. Ah well no more of any of them ever in my life again after Wednesday! Yippee hurrah etc.
    Damn aren't schools coming up on the writing? My presentation was on schools and it would've helped me out no end if we'd got a writing piece on that. Bummer. Oh well best of luck to everybody!!! :top:

ReputationRep:
    If holidays doesn't come up, I'm screwed. It's the only thing I know to write about. Anybody got any useful phrases lying about that they'd like to share? I'm currently going through my vocab list but it's not really helping.

ReputationRep:
    je vous prie d'agreer, monsieur/madame, l'expression de mes sentiments distingues, just why do the french have such a long way of say yours sincerely :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    je vous prie d'agreer, monsieur/madame, l'expression de mes sentiments distingues, just why do the french have such a long way of say yours sincerely :rolleyes:
    I know, right? I bloody well hope there isn't going to be a formal letter exercise. I know nothing on those.

ReputationRep:
    When writing a letter, say:

Cher(e) Jean-Pierre (or whatever their name is)

Merci de ta lettre.
    J'etais tres content("e" if you're a female) de recevoir tes nouvelles.

*flesh this bit out a bit*

Amities

(your name here)

ReputationRep:
    Look up the french letter format as well, otherwise you'll lose a stack load of marks

And yup... I did coursework!

ReputationRep:
    yeh it sucks lol, does anyone know how much does accuracy, ie spellings count, parce que je ne peux pas ecrire a tout!

ReputationRep:
    Content - /8, Language - /6, Accuracy/Grammar - /6. Hehe for mocks i got 39/40 for writing - it's always my best one!

ReputationRep:
    i havent even revised, im going to fail another gcse now

ReputationRep:
    I only have 2 GCSEs left - French and Physics (:p:). The french def. isnt writing though - its reading this afternoon :confused:. The only real writing is in coursework for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I only have 2 GCSEs left - French and Physics (:p:). The french def. isnt writing though - its reading this afternoon :confused:. The only real writing is in coursework for me.
    Some people do a writing exam instead of coursework, like me for one >: ( stupid school

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.