Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.revision-notes.co.uk/revision/844.html

I'm not really either way on the abortion front but i didnt know it was so barbaric...surely with all this technology though there could be something else they could do????

ReputationRep:
    I did, watched it in an abortion documentary in RE.

ReputationRep:
    I knew the majority. I didn't know about the one where it got cut up. I dislike the way it talks about the foetus as a baby: it's NOT a baby. It could not survive outside the womb. I'm all pro-abortion, in my mind now, if I got pregnant I could totally have an abortion because a baby would ruin my life...but if it came down to it, it would be so hard to do, even though I'd have to (and be forced to). I couldn't do it later in life when I've got a job etc. I can't stand the people who are nasty to women who have abortions. It's not as if you would if you didn't have to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like that site. It's a bit misleading. A baby is no the same as a foetus.
    And there are debates on whether it is alive depending on what your defination of alive is. It seems to be very covertly anti abortion.

ReputationRep:
    no i mean i'm totally for it for example if a woman's been raped i know i would totally reject that child and it would make me sick just looking at it. but i think it's awful how they talk about dismembering it...i'm sure it doesnt have feelings but couldnt they be more humane like have some sort of chemical that inhibits cell organelles or something like that...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Luize)
    I don't like that site. It's a bit misleading. A baby is no the same as a foetus.
    And there are debates on whether it is alive depending on what your defination of alive is. It seems to be very covertly anti abortion.
    I agree. That article seems to be trying to pass off opinon as fact, someting which is not very useful when it ocmes o revison. One should be learning facts, vfrom which they may make their own opinions if they so wish. Instead that article is trying to pass of one opinion, just one side of the argument. Not something good nor useful for someone wanting to revise up on abortion.

I really hope this one article isn't representative of the whole site.

ReputationRep:
    Well what do you expect they've got to kill the foetus somehow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    Well what do you expect they've got to kill the foetus somehow.
    Again...By saying kill you assume that the foetus is alive.
    There are debates that a foetus isn't alive.

ReputationRep:
    A foetus IS alive, I know that I could never have an abortion even if I became pregnant now. It's a life, you can't just destroy it.

ReputationRep:
    If you think those notes are bad, you should have seen the video given to us by SPUC. The woman was unconscious(sp?) and she was screaming her head off....
    I do agree that this site is biased in the way it tries to make its opinion like fact, but let's be honest, an abortion is not pleasant, and the later it is left, the more horrific it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    I did, watched it in an abortion documentary in RE.
    Same here and it was sick.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite obvious that the site isn't giving a measured and unbiased account.
    When it says things like this:
    Abortions all do the same thing kill an innocent unborn child,
    You've got to begin to get suspicious.
    That's a value judgement, and scientifically debatable, which sort of suggests that the site isn't telling the whole truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabz)
    A foetus IS alive, I know that I could never have an abortion even if I became pregnant now. It's a life, you can't just destroy it.
    And when does that life begin?

Also, when you say that do you mean people shouldn't be allowed to have abortions? Or is it just a personal judgement?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I suspect most of us who went to R.C. schools have seen similar videos and they do stay with you...shocking.

I am saddened at the lack of shame some people feel about having abortions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Yea I suspect most of us who went to R.C. schools have seen similar videos and they do stay with you...shocking.

I am saddened at the lack of shame some people feel about having abortions.
    Shame? For what? For loving that child enough not to bring it into a life in which you can't look after it?
    People DO feel shame, you can never know how much if you haven't been through it but it stays with people for the rest of their lives.

ReputationRep:
    its alive becuae it respires/eats etc, but its not aware and cannot feel pain. But I am against abortion except in cases of child diesese, or if the mother was raped(well thats the BNP view and I agree with it).

ReputationRep:
    no i mean i'm totally for it for example if a woman's been raped i know i would totally reject that child and it would make me sick just looking at it.
    Why punish a baby for the actions of a rapist? If it would make you sick, give it up for adoption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    I knew the majority. I didn't know about the one where it got cut up. I dislike the way it talks about the foetus as a baby: it's NOT a baby. It could not survive outside the womb. I'm all pro-abortion, in my mind now, if I got pregnant I could totally have an abortion because a baby would ruin my life...but if it came down to it, it would be so hard to do, even though I'd have to (and be forced to). I couldn't do it later in life when I've got a job etc. I can't stand the people who are nasty to women who have abortions. It's not as if you would if you didn't have to.

Why would it be so hard to have an abortion if its not a baby as you maintain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    its alive becuae it respires/eats etc, but its not aware and cannot feel pain. But I am against abortion except in cases of child diesese, or if the mother was raped(well thats the BNP view and I agree with it).
    So alive in the same way as a bacterium is alive? I'm afraid that doesn't convice me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skevvybritt)
    Shame? For what? For loving that child enough not to bring it into a life in which you can't look after it?
    People DO feel shame, you can never know how much if you haven't been through it but it stays with people for the rest of their lives.
    Consistent?

Shame for killing their own child - recklessly conceived and destroyed because it is inconvenient. That's a fitting description of many abortion stories and lack of shame in those circumstances worries me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.